About Me

My photo
No Fixed Abode, Home Counties, United Kingdom
I’m a 60-year-old Aspergic gardening CAD-Monkey. Sardonic, cynical and with the political leanings of a social reformer, I’m also a toy and model figure collector, particularly interested in the history of plastics and plastic toys. Other interests are history, current affairs, modern art, and architecture, gardening and natural history. I love plain chocolate, fireworks and trees, but I don’t hug them, I do hug kittens. I hate ignorance, when it can be avoided, so I hate the 'educational' establishment and pity the millions they’ve failed with teaching-to-test and rote 'learning' and I hate the short-sighted stupidity of the entire ruling/industrial elite, with their planet destroying fascism and added “buy-one-get-one-free”. Likewise, I also have no time for fools and little time for the false crap we're all supposed to pretend we haven't noticed, or the games we're supposed to play. I will 'bite the hand that feeds', to remind it why it feeds.

Saturday, October 31, 2020

100 is for Monsters . . . Not . . . quite!

With any luck I'll have this up before midnight and we're back where we started, with SCS Direct, this time it's the Horror set, now listed as Horror Set I on the back of the Fantasy box, but still Monsters on the toob.

Having the same contents and carrier as the one which confused me back in 20218 on Shaun's site, but not the same as the ones Peter Evans sent me the same year, missing here are all the zombies bar the one eating an arm! Although between the two I don't think I'm missing any now, but there must have been a Zombie mix at some point?

Godzilla; Graves; Halloween Novelty Toy; Halloween Playset; Halloween Toy Figures; Horror Play Set; Man Bat; Monsters; Mummy; Plastic Figurines; Plastic Toy Figures; Plastic Toys; Play Set; SCS Direct; Small; Small Scale World; smallscaleworld.blogspot.com; Plastic Figures; Zombies; Mothma, 13 Unique Sculpts; Fantasy Creatures, 100 Figures, WD, Wicked Duals, Dual Colours
So a briefer visit than this morning's as we are reprising a previous post - with the packaging as the 'new information' - and Shaun's already there! This time you're getting around seven-boxes equivalent of Airfix for the money, but the contents are a lot shakeir than this morning's with little consistency and another short-count!

Godzilla; Graves; Halloween Novelty Toy; Halloween Playset; Halloween Toy Figures; Horror Play Set; Man Bat; Monsters; Mummy; Plastic Figurines; Plastic Toy Figures; Plastic Toys; Play Set; SCS Direct; Small; Small Scale World; smallscaleworld.blogspot.com; Plastic Figures; Zombies; Mothma, 13 Unique Sculpts; Fantasy Creatures, 100 Figures, WD, Wicked Duals, Dual Colours
I've highlighted the more obvious anomalies in red, the only real pain is the spider; only two and neither of them in light grey, one gets the feeling there should be four? The gravestone also gets an odd mix, while with the Mummy and the man-bat, it's just overload!

Godzilla; Graves; Halloween Novelty Toy; Halloween Playset; Halloween Toy Figures; Horror Play Set; Man Bat; Monsters; Mummy; Plastic Figurines; Plastic Toy Figures; Plastic Toys; Play Set; SCS Direct; Small; Small Scale World; smallscaleworld.blogspot.com; Plastic Figures; Zombies; Mothma, 13 Unique Sculpts; Fantasy Creatures, 100 Figures, WD, Wicked Duals, Dual Colours
It was the 'Mothma' (for Godzilla to play with!) and everything on the bottom row we didn't see last time, although - obviously - apart from the spider, I now have all of them in both colours. Comments last time apply equally here but the moth is not very good, I mean they are all a bit cartoony-harmless, but the moth is too cuddly by half!

Godzilla; Graves; Halloween Novelty Toy; Halloween Playset; Halloween Toy Figures; Horror Play Set; Man Bat; Monsters; Mummy; Plastic Figurines; Plastic Toy Figures; Plastic Toys; Play Set; SCS Direct; Small; Small Scale World; smallscaleworld.blogspot.com; Plastic Figures; Zombies; Mothma, 13 Unique Sculpts; Fantasy Creatures, 100 Figures, WD, Wicked Duals, Dual Colours
From the backs/undersides, really I'm a bit pissed-off with the spider situation and will have words on my Amazon feedback! There's more too it! So, that's Halloween; coming-in over-budget but on time!

No comments: