About Me

My photo
No Fixed Abode, Home Counties, United Kingdom
I’m a 60-year-old Aspergic gardening CAD-Monkey. Sardonic, cynical and with the political leanings of a social reformer, I’m also a toy and model figure collector, particularly interested in the history of plastics and plastic toys. Other interests are history, current affairs, modern art, and architecture, gardening and natural history. I love plain chocolate, fireworks and trees, but I don’t hug them, I do hug kittens. I hate ignorance, when it can be avoided, so I hate the 'educational' establishment and pity the millions they’ve failed with teaching-to-test and rote 'learning' and I hate the short-sighted stupidity of the entire ruling/industrial elite, with their planet destroying fascism and added “buy-one-get-one-free”. Likewise, I also have no time for fools and little time for the false crap we're all supposed to pretend we haven't noticed, or the games we're supposed to play. I will 'bite the hand that feeds', to remind it why it feeds.

Sunday, October 25, 2020

H is for How They Come In

Another board game but again not from the recent photo-shoot but a recent Charity Shop purchase, and relatively recent so a quick over view of Mattel's Batman board game (one of two which came out around the same time I think . . . have we had the others? I may have the figures from the other game somewhere, I'll dig them out) anyway; Gotham City Mystery:

40mm Figures; Bat People; Batgirl; Batman; Board Game; Board Game Playing Pieces; Boardgame Pieces; Cotham City Mystery; DC Batman; DC Characters; DC Comics; Man Bat; Mattel; Misterio En Ciudad Gotica; Nightwing; Robin; Robin The Boy Wonder;
Cover has a window to catch figure-fans! And because I haven't bothered to learn all the iterations of the Bat'verse, I don't know which era these represent, but I think it's the main comic one between the original TV series and the modern movie era (where everything changes ever film . . . purely for marketing purposes!)?

40mm Figures; Bat People; Batgirl; Batman; Board Game; Board Game Playing Pieces; Boardgame Pieces; Cotham City Mystery; DC Batman; DC Characters; DC Comics; Man Bat; Mattel; Misterio En Ciudad Gotica; Nightwing; Robin; Robin The Boy Wonder;
Contents

40mm Figures; Bat People; Batgirl; Batman; Board Game; Board Game Playing Pieces; Boardgame Pieces; Cotham City Mystery; DC Batman; DC Characters; DC Comics; Man Bat; Mattel; Misterio En Ciudad Gotica; Nightwing; Robin; Robin The Boy Wonder;
You get four Characters who are - from the left; the man bat, the wonderful robin boy, Batgirl-woman-ladychick and knightfink batrider or someone, I wasn't paying much attention!

40mm Figures; Bat People; Batgirl; Batman; Board Game; Board Game Playing Pieces; Boardgame Pieces; Cotham City Mystery; DC Batman; DC Characters; DC Comics; Man Bat; Mattel; Misterio En Ciudad Gotica; Nightwing; Robin; Robin The Boy Wonder;
I think these are bad-guys but I've already forgotten, anyway there are five of them and all the figures are around the 40mm mark, but with thick bases.

40mm Figures; Bat People; Batgirl; Batman; Board Game; Board Game Playing Pieces; Boardgame Pieces; Cotham City Mystery; DC Batman; DC Characters; DC Comics; Man Bat; Mattel; Misterio En Ciudad Gotica; Nightwing; Robin; Robin The Boy Wonder;
There are ten bad-guys, but on paper only and the amount of thin, little-bits of paper shite in the box guaranteed its swift transfer to the recycling bin, sans the nine figures and two dice which went in the getting-ever-fatter dice-bag!

You may have guessed from the above I'm not terribly enamoured of this set? The game claims to be for from two to five players, but it's one of those games where you have to have all the characters, all the baddies and all the little bits of paper in-play for it to work, so if less than five players start, some of them have to play multiple characters and there's tons of prep to sort out all the little paper bits, it's a marketing thing and frankly we have to start understanding there just isn't enough planet left for this kind of shit. Anyway; box-ticked.

No comments: