About Me

My photo
No Fixed Abode, Home Counties, United Kingdom
I’m a 60-year-old Aspergic gardening CAD-Monkey. Sardonic, cynical and with the political leanings of a social reformer, I’m also a toy and model figure collector, particularly interested in the history of plastics and plastic toys. Other interests are history, current affairs, modern art, and architecture, gardening and natural history. I love plain chocolate, fireworks and trees, but I don’t hug them, I do hug kittens. I hate ignorance, when it can be avoided, so I hate the 'educational' establishment and pity the millions they’ve failed with teaching-to-test and rote 'learning' and I hate the short-sighted stupidity of the entire ruling/industrial elite, with their planet destroying fascism and added “buy-one-get-one-free”. Likewise, I also have no time for fools and little time for the false crap we're all supposed to pretend we haven't noticed, or the games we're supposed to play. I will 'bite the hand that feeds', to remind it why it feeds.

Saturday, October 31, 2020

N is for Novelty Nonsense!

Just a bit of fun peeps, on no account should you use this post as a judge of my character or collecting philosophy, whatsoever, no, no, no; not at all and perish the thought!

I'm a member of a Faceplant group affiliated to Plaid Stallions (new Blog site here) and the other day someone put some vintage add's up for - among other things - some Halloween cutlery, figural cutlery mind, none of your non-figural but probably more efficient cutlery, but yer; actual, figural stuff! I went off to feebleBay to see what was available today, and found these!

Frankenstein's Monster; Halloween Novelty Toy; Halloween Toy Figures; Halloween Toys; KFS Set; Lurch; Mummy; Novelty Cutlery; Novelty Figurines; Novelty Fork; Novelty KFS; Novelty Knife; Novelty Spoon; Party Cutlery; Party Favours; Party Goods; Picknick Cutlery; Picnic Cutlery; Picnik Cutlery; Small Scale World; smallscaleworld.blogspot.com; Witch;
I bought them immediately, only for four sets (12 items) to turn-up a week later, direct from Hong Kong, for what appears to have been less than the postage, on which level I can only say There isn't enough planet left for this shit! But it's done now and it's a Halloween post!

Frankenstein's Monster; Halloween Novelty Toy; Halloween Toy Figures; Halloween Toys; KFS Set; Lurch; Mummy; Novelty Cutlery; Novelty Figurines; Novelty Fork; Novelty KFS; Novelty Knife; Novelty Spoon; Party Cutlery; Party Favours; Party Goods; Picknick Cutlery; Picnic Cutlery; Picnik Cutlery; Small Scale World; smallscaleworld.blogspot.com; Witch;
The are actually hollow-backed so only novelty items, and I took the other three sets up to the Blue Cross animal charity shop the next day - I was in there yesterday and they had gone, so hopefully, someone younger than me is getting more enjoyment from them this evening!!

Frankenstein's Monster; Halloween Novelty Toy; Halloween Toy Figures; Halloween Toys; KFS Set; Lurch; Mummy; Novelty Cutlery; Novelty Figurines; Novelty Fork; Novelty KFS; Novelty Knife; Novelty Spoon; Party Cutlery; Party Favours; Party Goods; Picknick Cutlery; Picnic Cutlery; Picnik Cutlery; Small Scale World; smallscaleworld.blogspot.com; Witch;
But these three will go in the collection for perpetuity, along with the photos' and stuff to on the archive dongles.That's it - unbranded novelty Halloween cutlery from China, polystyrene, gloss paint, hollow-backed, box ticked!

No comments: