About Me

My photo
No Fixed Abode, Home Counties, United Kingdom
I’m a 60-year-old Aspergic gardening CAD-Monkey. Sardonic, cynical and with the political leanings of a social reformer, I’m also a toy and model figure collector, particularly interested in the history of plastics and plastic toys. Other interests are history, current affairs, modern art, and architecture, gardening and natural history. I love plain chocolate, fireworks and trees, but I don’t hug them, I do hug kittens. I hate ignorance, when it can be avoided, so I hate the 'educational' establishment and pity the millions they’ve failed with teaching-to-test and rote 'learning' and I hate the short-sighted stupidity of the entire ruling/industrial elite, with their planet destroying fascism and added “buy-one-get-one-free”. Likewise, I also have no time for fools and little time for the false crap we're all supposed to pretend we haven't noticed, or the games we're supposed to play. I will 'bite the hand that feeds', to remind it why it feeds.

Sunday, November 15, 2020

10 is for 2 to go!

From the sublime of rare or uncommon Polish and Russian plastic to the ridiculous of Poundland's finest, the ridicule though, being reserved for the fact that two such nicely produced models plus packaging can come-in at only a pound!

Hippo' Toy; Hippopotami; Hippopotamus; Hyena Toy; Play2Discover; Poundland; PVC Hippopotamus; PVC Hyena; PVC Vinyl Animals; Small Scale World; smallscaleworld.blogspot.com; Toy Hippopotamus; Toy Hyena; Vintage Toys; Vinyl Animals; Vinyl Figure; Wild Animal;
Having said (last time we looked at these) that I was unlikely to obtain the missing four animals/two pairs, I popped over to Farnborough just before the new 'Lockdown' (which hardly anyone seems to be observing with any seriousness?) and managed to get one of the absent pairs, which I think leaves me looking for a/the giraffe/male lion combo'?

Hippo' Toy; Hippopotami; Hippopotamus; Hyena Toy; Play2Discover; Poundland; PVC Hippopotamus; PVC Hyena; PVC Vinyl Animals; Small Scale World; smallscaleworld.blogspot.com; Toy Hippopotamus; Toy Hyena; Vintage Toys; Vinyl Animals; Vinyl Figure; Wild Animal;
Suicidal Hyena has actually got his snout in the Hippo's mouth, but otherwise two nice sculpts albeit not in the same scale! While I was there I looked to set if 'Series 2' had appeared of the dinosaur pairs from a year or so ago, and while it hasn't (they still carry the Series 01's), they do have larger dino' singles in similar packaging, but they are leery colours and I passed on the only one present; a rainbow-mauve Per'Terry-dactill!

No comments: