About Me

My photo
No Fixed Abode, Home Counties, United Kingdom
I’m a 60-year-old Aspergic gardening CAD-Monkey. Sardonic, cynical and with the political leanings of a social reformer, I’m also a toy and model figure collector, particularly interested in the history of plastics and plastic toys. Other interests are history, current affairs, modern art, and architecture, gardening and natural history. I love plain chocolate, fireworks and trees, but I don’t hug them, I do hug kittens. I hate ignorance, when it can be avoided, so I hate the 'educational' establishment and pity the millions they’ve failed with teaching-to-test and rote 'learning' and I hate the short-sighted stupidity of the entire ruling/industrial elite, with their planet destroying fascism and added “buy-one-get-one-free”. Likewise, I also have no time for fools and little time for the false crap we're all supposed to pretend we haven't noticed, or the games we're supposed to play. I will 'bite the hand that feeds', to remind it why it feeds.

Wednesday, November 18, 2020

F is for Follow-up - Spojnia . . . or Hobby EME

When we looked at those Spojnia Kioskowce small-scale copies, from Maciej Jasinski's Poland, the other day, I mentioned that I still had to post some Napoleonics by the same maker - well that won't happen as you'll see in the next few posts, but I did find that I had a bunch of other Spójnia stuff, so we're going to work through it.

14th Army; 8th Army; 8th Army Figures; 8th Army Toy Soldiers; Esci Italian Infantry; Art Miniatury Cene Zl 150-; Atlantic; Atlantic Indian Brigade; Brygada Hinduska; Burma Campaign; Gdańsk; Hindu Brigade; Hobby EME; Kioskowce; Esci American Infantry; Osagnicy Ameryki Poln CZ 1; Polish Production; Polish Toy Soldiers; Small Scale World; smallscaleworld.blogspot.com; Spójnia; Spójnia Stargard; Woloskie Oddzialy Gorskie; Hobby EME; EME; Wojsko Amerikanskie; II W.SW.; Skala 1:76
I also said I thought they ended-up being called Hobby EME, and here we see a set in that later (or just alternate?) branding, being copies of Esci-ERTL's WWII US Infantry, and all fifteen poses have been taken; to quite a high standard, albeit; not Ecsi's finest in the first place!

14th Army; 8th Army; 8th Army Figures; 8th Army Toy Soldiers; Esci Italian Infantry; Art Miniatury Cene Zl 150-; Atlantic; Atlantic Indian Brigade; Brygada Hinduska; Burma Campaign; Gdańsk; Hindu Brigade; Hobby EME; Kioskowce; Esci American Infantry; Osagnicy Ameryki Poln CZ 1; Polish Production; Polish Toy Soldiers; Small Scale World; smallscaleworld.blogspot.com; Spójnia; Spójnia Stargard; Woloskie Oddzialy Gorskie; Hobby EME; EME; Wojsko Amerikanskie; II W.SW.; Skala 1:76
While here we see the Italian Mountain Troops taken from the same company, and again they've re-used all the poses, but this time there is a noticeable drop-off in quality/finish and if you didn't know better you might think them Spanish Sobres or even Hong Kong/China knock-off's . . . now you've seen them - you know better! And one of Esci's nicer sets, of a - then (mid/late 1980's) - unusual subject.

14th Army; 8th Army; 8th Army Figures; 8th Army Toy Soldiers; Esci Italian Infantry; Art Miniatury Cene Zl 150-; Atlantic; Atlantic Indian Brigade; Brygada Hinduska; Burma Campaign; Gdańsk; Hindu Brigade; Hobby EME; Kioskowce; Esci American Infantry; Osagnicy Ameryki Poln CZ 1; Polish Production; Polish Toy Soldiers; Small Scale World; smallscaleworld.blogspot.com; Spójnia; Spójnia Stargard; Woloskie Oddzialy Gorskie; Hobby EME; EME; Wojsko Amerikanskie; II W.SW.; Skala 1:76
I also reacquainted myself with the fact I have the 'Hindu Brigade' set too, taken from Atalntic's Indian Brigade (as before - they are dressed as Sikhs, not Hindus!), which answered my question last time about the bladed weapons, they seem to have copied two (of the original Atlantic set's three), and while I have one each of the two users (the third figure to have a 'kukri' in the Atlantic set has his holed filled-in, in this clone-set); Maciej's set had pairs of each, in fact he had pairs of everything, I also only have one MG and gunner.

The other point to note (for packaging collectors) is that while mine (left) has the full Spojnia consumer-panel's info-text (in the yellow box, bottom right-hand corner), Mr. Jasinski's has a blank panel there (top right image) and may represent a crossover from Spójnia to Hobby EME, if the latter was actually later!

No comments: