About Me

My photo
No Fixed Abode, Home Counties, United Kingdom
I’m a 62-year-old Aspergic gardening CAD-Monkey. Sardonic, cynical and with the political leanings of a social reformer, I’m also a toy and model figure collector, particularly interested in the history of plastics and plastic toys. Other interests are history, current affairs, modern art, and architecture, gardening and natural history. I love plain chocolate, fireworks and trees, but I don’t hug them, I do hug kittens. I hate ignorance, when it can be avoided, so I hate the 'educational' establishment and pity the millions they’ve failed with teaching-to-test and rote 'learning' and I hate the short-sighted stupidity of the entire ruling/industrial elite, with their planet destroying fascism and added “buy-one-get-one-free”. Likewise, I also have no time for fools and little time for the false crap we're all supposed to pretend we haven't noticed, or the games we're supposed to play. I will 'bite the hand that feeds', to remind it why it feeds.

Tuesday, September 15, 2026

Q is for Question Time - Stretchers / Casualties

A couple of unknown items today, one I have half a clue on, the other is reportedly French, both posed with the hard-wearing, long--surviving, late production, PVC jobbie from Corgi.
 

So, Corgi on the left, the one in the middle seems to be a Lucky-like Hong Kong effort, in lightweight 'model kit' polystyrene, with the hollow-moulded casualty glued to the trolley-stretcher, but it is quite large, so maybe not Lucky, but one of the other Hong Kong plastic vehicle makers, which could mean more than one brand, as several of them were re-branded. Unusually for such a piece, there's no Hong Kong mark.
 
While the pair on the right who may or may not be missing separate stretchers or hospital beds are heavy lumps of what appears to be 'styrene, but could - especially if French - be some other polymer, in the cellulose, formaldehyde (Bakelight) or phenolic groups?
 
Also dug-out this, posed with the Starlux 25/30mm pup-tent, might also be French, but has been in the queue for a year or two, is also looking for an attribution, and is also quite a heavy, hard-plastic, and has a quite steep pillow angle, which may be a clue as to any casualty, possibly even the pair above, and while I don't think so (different polymer), equally I'm open to correction!
 
Can anyone help with these?

No comments: