About Me

My photo
No Fixed Abode, Home Counties, United Kingdom
I’m a 60-year-old Aspergic gardening CAD-Monkey. Sardonic, cynical and with the political leanings of a social reformer, I’m also a toy and model figure collector, particularly interested in the history of plastics and plastic toys. Other interests are history, current affairs, modern art, and architecture, gardening and natural history. I love plain chocolate, fireworks and trees, but I don’t hug them, I do hug kittens. I hate ignorance, when it can be avoided, so I hate the 'educational' establishment and pity the millions they’ve failed with teaching-to-test and rote 'learning' and I hate the short-sighted stupidity of the entire ruling/industrial elite, with their planet destroying fascism and added “buy-one-get-one-free”. Likewise, I also have no time for fools and little time for the false crap we're all supposed to pretend we haven't noticed, or the games we're supposed to play. I will 'bite the hand that feeds', to remind it why it feeds.

Tuesday, August 11, 2026

B is for Bab's Aplenty!

Further to the previous post's Barbies, and apropos a comment Tom made a while back, he sent this image of various Barbies, in the smaller scales, some of which we saw here;
 
 
As a point to mention - there are now several of these micro-mini 'branded' collectables, but the others are more consumer goods or, foodstuffs, for doll's houses, or similar. Anyway, here's the new shot; 
 
And I'll let him explain . . . 

"...a pic of the 'world's smallest toys' Barbies I mentioned the other day:
 
These are a separate line to their original mystery boxes, being closer to 1/72 and sold in their own 'fashion case' or house sets. There are 6 figures in the range (albeit, some are duplicate sculpt/different paint job) - I'm in quest of the dark haired version of 'totally hair'. The two boxed figures to the right are the larger scale sculpts from the original mystery box line.

And there you have it - I am a middle aged man collecting Barbie dolls. But I'm gonna mix them with my army men, promise!"

To which I would add, that the smaller boxed Barbie (left of the pair) is the second series one, the larger box (far right) is the one we saw from the first series. And many thanks to Tom Clague for this update, I nicked the title from his eMail, and he actually uses them in his model railway stories, here;
 

No comments: