About Me

My photo
No Fixed Abode, Home Counties, United Kingdom
I’m a 60-year-old Aspergic gardening CAD-Monkey. Sardonic, cynical and with the political leanings of a social reformer, I’m also a toy and model figure collector, particularly interested in the history of plastics and plastic toys. Other interests are history, current affairs, modern art, and architecture, gardening and natural history. I love plain chocolate, fireworks and trees, but I don’t hug them, I do hug kittens. I hate ignorance, when it can be avoided, so I hate the 'educational' establishment and pity the millions they’ve failed with teaching-to-test and rote 'learning' and I hate the short-sighted stupidity of the entire ruling/industrial elite, with their planet destroying fascism and added “buy-one-get-one-free”. Likewise, I also have no time for fools and little time for the false crap we're all supposed to pretend we haven't noticed, or the games we're supposed to play. I will 'bite the hand that feeds', to remind it why it feeds.

Tuesday, October 11, 2016

B is for Bag'O Bundesbahn Bits

Clumsey image, but it's been in Picasa for so long I'm just glad to see the back of it!, It'll benefit from enlarging with a right click if you're interested. The only surviving piece of the packaging was a scrap of paper 'header' attached to one of the bag's staples, so I de-bagged it.

I suspect these might be Siku, but can't be sure as the Flats book is in storage.They were almost certainly issued singly as premiums at some point, but here were being sold as a bagged set 'rack toy'.

The scrap says 20 pieces however there are 18 items (in a sealed bags); 10 white and 8 red. I'm guessing that someone put an extra telegraph pole in the bag? If you removed one and then assumed the figures count four, you'd have the 20, but really it's just an mental-exercise for moments of boredom!

The street light is similar to the Airfix platform lights from their railway range, but several others of the period are too, so I think that's down to the equipment in use in 'real life' at that time - 1950's. I particularly like the signal box, as it resembles the little die-cast one from Lone Star's range of Treble-O-Trains.

No comments: