News and Views and other stuff* Introduction
* News of James Opie's new written work
* Eurofigurines and Constant Scale received
* Feedback on previous What The !&*$?
Articles* The issue begins with a three-pager on Timpo solid knights by Ashley Needham which also covers the fort by Pagett Brothers
* Peter Watson takes an in-depth look at Replicants various Robin Hood character figures
* Barney Brown looks at some near mint Baronial Knights from Cherilea (the ones I was thinking-of when I got it so wrong the other day!)
* There are memories of Starlux medievals from Daniel Morgan with a lovely scratch-built gothic 'yard'.
* Marx cowboys part two from Debbie Stevens looks at the 'Warriors of the World' poses.
* Converters Corner takes Armies In Plastic's Arabs and has them converted to Peninsular Spanish allies by Les White who then takes a Reamsa monk and reduces him in stature to match!
* Centre Spread is more memories of plastic warrior'ing over the years, shared by Alwyn Brice, Philip Hamilton, Mark Higginbotham, and John Murry
Regular Features* What The !&*$? this month asks for help on:
- § Guards from hollow-cast moulds
- § A mounted six-shooter
- § The weirdest swoppet you ever saw, who looks remarkably Cherilea, remarkably Kinder and remarkably Italian all at the same time, yours for the ID'ing
- § A pair of Tiraillers who look French but might be British (lovely tassels on their fezzes
* 'Readers Letters' is a busy one starting with the editor, Paul Morehead correcting himself on combat dogs with the help of Kent Sprecher! Also corresponding are . . .
- § Eric Keggans - Tri-ang Forts and Galt Toys
- § Peter Cole - also Galt
- § Yours Truly - following-up on issue 163's What The !&*$?
- § Peter Watson - PW's May show feedback and memories of George Hill
- § Joe Bellis - Crescent knights
* 'What's New' covers recent releases from:
- § Expeditionary Force - Zulus (fantastic heads/faces, really superb)
- § Replicants - all sorts
- § Paragon Scenics - ACW (firing line)
- § Nicholas Kent - resin accessories (introduced/revued by Colin Penn)
Front Cover shows the painted Timpo Knights
Back Cover has a close-up of Cherilea's 'Baronial Knight'
Don't forget: for subscription details or to re-subscribe, or for letters, queries or contributions, Plastic Warrior is now on-line via various portals:
And they are on Paypal.
NB - The old website is to be run-down/retired.