About Me

My photo
No Fixed Abode, Home Counties, United Kingdom
I’m a 60-year-old Aspergic gardening CAD-Monkey. Sardonic, cynical and with the political leanings of a social reformer, I’m also a toy and model figure collector, particularly interested in the history of plastics and plastic toys. Other interests are history, current affairs, modern art, and architecture, gardening and natural history. I love plain chocolate, fireworks and trees, but I don’t hug them, I do hug kittens. I hate ignorance, when it can be avoided, so I hate the 'educational' establishment and pity the millions they’ve failed with teaching-to-test and rote 'learning' and I hate the short-sighted stupidity of the entire ruling/industrial elite, with their planet destroying fascism and added “buy-one-get-one-free”. Likewise, I also have no time for fools and little time for the false crap we're all supposed to pretend we haven't noticed, or the games we're supposed to play. I will 'bite the hand that feeds', to remind it why it feeds.

Tuesday, December 17, 2013

G is for Guards - At Ease...Stand Easy!

These are all Britains from the Herald range, with two older UK polyethylene production on the left and two of the later Hong Kong production in PVC to the right, the first with a plug-on base the second with a integrally moulded base.

Left to right; Britains Detail in a dense PVC, unknown swoppet (Speedwell?), unknown swoppet (Charbens?), early Timpo and late Timpo - all ethylene, then a Timpo-Toyway in vinyl an interim/late Timpo or Timpo-Toyway, probably in polypropylene.

Crescent for Kellogg's in scarlet polyethylene, a painted Crescent in the darker plastic, Timpo Kentoys (thanks Dave - see comments), Charbens and the unknown - possibly European premium - we looked at the other day.

2 comments:

David Scrivener said...

The bottom photo, guard in the middle with medals, not a Timpo solid, but Kentoys, although (obviously by its style) it was designed, in his early days, by Norman Tooth.
Ref PW Kentoys Special.

Hugh Walter said...

Thanks Dave, I don't have my 'specials' with me. He's in good nick at well! I think I've got to update the Timpo post as well now!!

Hugh