About Me

My photo
No Fixed Abode, Home Counties, United Kingdom
I’m a 51-year-old Aspergic CAD-Monkey. Sardonic, cynical and with the political leanings of a social reformer, I’m also a toy and model figure collector, particularly interested in the history of plastics and plastic toys. Other interests are history, current affairs, modern art, and architecture, gardening and natural history. I love plain chocolate, fireworks and trees but I don’t hug them, I do hug kittens. I hate ignorance, when it can be avoided, so I hate the 'educational' establishment and pity the millions they’ve failed with teaching-to-test and rote 'learning' and I hate the short-sighted stupidity of the entire ruling/industrial elite, with their planet destroying fascism and added “buy-one-get-one-free”. I also have no time for fools and little time for the false crap we're all supposed to pretend we haven't noticed, or the games we're supposed to play.

Friday, March 24, 2017

F is for Follow-up to Follow-up's Follow-up . . . or Something!

Truth being often stranger than fiction, and having got the reply to further purchases minutes before I headed-up to the shop last Friday, I went anyway, as I needed to get the rest of the Henbrandt stuff for their 'follow-up', only to find that a re-stock had produced a different set, which not only contained the figures missing from the top row last time, but confirmed my suspicions vis-à-vis the cannon!

Card is the same (as is the given date of 2006 - so clearance!) and number of figures/layout on the card is the same, but we have a catapult in place of the gun and the six ex-Esci poses.

As you can see the cradle/frame is the same machine, with the trigger and mounting brackets we saw the other day, however, the rest for the gun-barrel is absent so it would seem that the change was made to the mould-tool halfway through the production run?

Brian's 'big bag' presumably carries all the figures and both siege-engine types? Which will be something to look forward to in Plastic Warrior magazine and - painted-up - on his Blog maybe?

No comments: