About Me

My photo
No Fixed Abode, Home Counties, United Kingdom
I’m a 60-year-old Aspergic gardening CAD-Monkey. Sardonic, cynical and with the political leanings of a social reformer, I’m also a toy and model figure collector, particularly interested in the history of plastics and plastic toys. Other interests are history, current affairs, modern art, and architecture, gardening and natural history. I love plain chocolate, fireworks and trees, but I don’t hug them, I do hug kittens. I hate ignorance, when it can be avoided, so I hate the 'educational' establishment and pity the millions they’ve failed with teaching-to-test and rote 'learning' and I hate the short-sighted stupidity of the entire ruling/industrial elite, with their planet destroying fascism and added “buy-one-get-one-free”. Likewise, I also have no time for fools and little time for the false crap we're all supposed to pretend we haven't noticed, or the games we're supposed to play. I will 'bite the hand that feeds', to remind it why it feeds.

Sunday, March 19, 2017

News, Views etc . . . Blue Box + Generic

Brain Berke sent these shelfies with the news that they are back in K-Mart . . . if you are lucky enough to live over the other side of the pond! They never got a release over here the last time (as far as I know - but I'm a retard!) and I haven't seen them over here recently either.

However; I haven't checked the Toysaurus since Christmas and will also have a look in the new Smyth's which had its 'grand opening' in Farnborough last month and the re-ferrb'ed Entertainer in Basingrad, which is due to re-open any day now!

Under the wider BBI - Elite Force branding, Blue Box's tub-set; Battle Group - available now!

Meanwhile I was taking shelfies of my own in Basingrad the other day, at £10.99 it's staying on the shelf and the - roughly 65mm - figures have been around for a while in various sets; branded and unbranded, so just another format.

The toy tank actually looks like a reasonable model of an M46-47 type - road wheels a little small maybe and it's big; better suited to 4/5-inch action figures, but if you've got the space and a spare tenner; it looks like fun!

They say;- "Famous Wind Speed"!

No comments: