About Me

My photo
No Fixed Abode, Home Counties, United Kingdom
I’m a 51-year-old Aspergic CAD-Monkey. Sardonic, cynical and with the political leanings of a social reformer, I’m also a toy and model figure collector, particularly interested in the history of plastics and plastic toys. Other interests are history, current affairs, modern art, and architecture, gardening and natural history. I love plain chocolate, fireworks and trees but I don’t hug them, I do hug kittens. I hate ignorance, when it can be avoided, so I hate the 'educational' establishment and pity the millions they’ve failed with teaching-to-test and rote 'learning' and I hate the short-sighted stupidity of the entire ruling/industrial elite, with their planet destroying fascism and added “buy-one-get-one-free”. I also have no time for fools and little time for the false crap we're all supposed to pretend we haven't noticed, or the games we're supposed to play.

Monday, December 29, 2008

P is for Panzer

The German for 'Tank'. These are a bunch of plastic kits I made about 20 years ago, I am hoping to run the new Dragon Jagd.Tiger with Paratroops as a project just as soon as I have A) set up a modelling space in our new place and B) finished this daft alphabetical thing I started!

This is the Panzer I from Esci with the late link-and-length track. It's a command variant without revolving turret, built strait from the box with an aerial added.

Matchbox Pz.II with scratch-built fuel tanker/external fuel tank? (based on a photograph in one of the Panzer Colours books). The wheels and mudguards are from the towed Flak also by Esci, the tank was from a pen barrel with plastic strip and the chassis frame was built-up from .5 mil square-section .

Another Matchbox this time the Pz.Kfw III, this is done as a late war survivor with a tank-hunting crew on board. They are mostly from the Fujimi and Nitto infantry sets with one figure from the Hasegawa set. Jerry-can rack was added.

The Panzer IV was the workhorse of the German armed forces in World War two, and while this is the Esci mid-war version, I've given it a late war 'ambush' camouflage scheme.

These are all from the days when I thought a quick (damp-) dry-brush was all that was needed and looking at them now I can spot all sorts of things I would do differently, but there are only so many days in a lifetime!!

No comments: