About Me

My photo
No Fixed Abode, Home Counties, United Kingdom
I’m a 51-year-old Aspergic CAD-Monkey. Sardonic, cynical and with the political leanings of a social reformer, I’m also a toy and model figure collector, particularly interested in the history of plastics and plastic toys. Other interests are history, current affairs, modern art, and architecture, gardening and natural history. I love plain chocolate, fireworks and trees but I don’t hug them, I do hug kittens. I hate ignorance, when it can be avoided, so I hate the 'educational' establishment and pity the millions they’ve failed with teaching-to-test and rote 'learning' and I hate the short-sighted stupidity of the entire ruling/industrial elite, with their planet destroying fascism and added “buy-one-get-one-free”. I also have no time for fools and little time for the false crap we're all supposed to pretend we haven't noticed, or the games we're supposed to play.

Friday, December 11, 2015

M is for Micro-Mini Motors

Those who remember the Formula 1 Project, will see that cars, and choises, have been added to the starting line-up with the acquisition of these.

The pink and dark yellow 'Monopoly' ones are now definitely ID'd as gum-ball toys (not as I suggested [with question mark - phew!] last time: board game pieces) as is the little green one with the yellow wheels, the green one at the back is very well-detailed (apart from a crushed roof) and may be from an N-gauge railway flatcar/car carrier?

The gold one (front right) is cast iron, could it be Gray Klip/Grey Iron? It's got the same look and feel? The one behind is probably a board gaming piece, while the other gold on and the silver one are actually plastic. Most of these will be from the smallest gum-balls or the little decorative tree-crackers, which used to have miniature novelties, but now tend to have a 'Motto & Sticker'!

2 comments:

Edward Bettina Berg said...

Nice collection of 'minis' Hugh. I've got a bunch of 'minis' (perhaps a tad bigger than these but still quite small) - always wanted to set them up with some of the small houses I have.

Hugh Walter said...

I will put a few of the 'next size up' on here soon, but not many, just a few that have come in, what I don't have is the MPC ones, got most of the AFV's, a decent sample of the ships and enough 'planes for a blog post, but none of the cars, and they were the biggest set. But I do have a few HK copies!

H