About Me

My photo
No Fixed Abode, Home Counties, United Kingdom
I’m a 60-year-old Aspergic gardening CAD-Monkey. Sardonic, cynical and with the political leanings of a social reformer, I’m also a toy and model figure collector, particularly interested in the history of plastics and plastic toys. Other interests are history, current affairs, modern art, and architecture, gardening and natural history. I love plain chocolate, fireworks and trees, but I don’t hug them, I do hug kittens. I hate ignorance, when it can be avoided, so I hate the 'educational' establishment and pity the millions they’ve failed with teaching-to-test and rote 'learning' and I hate the short-sighted stupidity of the entire ruling/industrial elite, with their planet destroying fascism and added “buy-one-get-one-free”. Likewise, I also have no time for fools and little time for the false crap we're all supposed to pretend we haven't noticed, or the games we're supposed to play. I will 'bite the hand that feeds', to remind it why it feeds.

Thursday, December 10, 2015

B is for Ball Games

A box of Christmas crackers without a ball are rubbish! That's why posh ones with useful prizes are crap! You have to have a ball for one of the adults to tread-on while carrying the goose to the table, or the gravy!

Footballs and a rugby ball, very useful for when you lose you Subbuteo balls, the small white one is a hard but hollow polystyrene, in two halves, the red one at the top os a solid lump of styrene and would guarantee flying gravy, the others are blow-moulds.

Keepy-upee with the power of air and the scoring-bat can keep party-people (little party-people) happy for a while, but this one has a hollow insulating liner as it's stricg which is too stiff to work properly! These are larger bits of shite and come in Lucky Bags or as bulk packs of party favours.

Bouncy balls, given the number that have gone through my hands since 1964 this is a pretty poor image really, but these are earlier ones and the mini one is new to me.

The black one is made of a peculiar material called Zectron (similar in feel/look to a vulcanised rubber), it's a Mini Super-Ball by Wham-O, and if you squeeze it, you find it's full of cracks and creaks like an old ship, but seems to retain its integrity?

Mini roulette wheels, that's it that is; mini roulette wheels. The line's not long enough to make a paragraph...did I say they were roulette wheels, that are miniaturised AND some of them've got charm loops...that'll do!

No comments: