About Me

My photo
No Fixed Abode, Home Counties, United Kingdom
I’m a 60-year-old Aspergic gardening CAD-Monkey. Sardonic, cynical and with the political leanings of a social reformer, I’m also a toy and model figure collector, particularly interested in the history of plastics and plastic toys. Other interests are history, current affairs, modern art, and architecture, gardening and natural history. I love plain chocolate, fireworks and trees, but I don’t hug them, I do hug kittens. I hate ignorance, when it can be avoided, so I hate the 'educational' establishment and pity the millions they’ve failed with teaching-to-test and rote 'learning' and I hate the short-sighted stupidity of the entire ruling/industrial elite, with their planet destroying fascism and added “buy-one-get-one-free”. Likewise, I also have no time for fools and little time for the false crap we're all supposed to pretend we haven't noticed, or the games we're supposed to play. I will 'bite the hand that feeds', to remind it why it feeds.

Thursday, February 1, 2018

K is for Kaskey Kids

So; following-on from the last post, Brian also sent these other sports related sets from Kaskey Kids, as they are only shelfies of the tubs I'll keep blurb to a minimum, thanks as always to Mr. Berke.

Basketball Guys; this is the one most likely to appeal to a wider audience, as it's a more international sport, like the footballers we looked at last time.

Only three poses plus referee and accessories, I don't get the blue skin at all, and while they are quite well painted, they would benefit from a experts brush, if only to add character to quite smooth or blobby sculpting?

Baseball guys, a more US-centric set, with at least six poses, although only one or two of some. Blue and orange?

Now . . . I wouldn't say I'm a fan of American carry-ball, but A) it's sad to hear of its demise due to the vast amount of brain-damage research-results coming out, coupled with the lack of a real cure or prevention, and B) These are definitely the best of the bunch sculpt-wise as the helmets and distinctive kit (needing better sculpting) make them the most realistic, and they would paint-up something awesome!

Possibly four player poses and referee? I may not be a fan, but of the three sets here, these are the ones I'd buy first, sadly they're not being imported as far as I know? Note that while the basketball and baseball guys are quite poor sculpts the footballers were as well detailed as these, and had better head sculpts than the other two sets.


No comments: