About Me

My photo
No Fixed Abode, Home Counties, United Kingdom
I’m a 60-year-old Aspergic gardening CAD-Monkey. Sardonic, cynical and with the political leanings of a social reformer, I’m also a toy and model figure collector, particularly interested in the history of plastics and plastic toys. Other interests are history, current affairs, modern art, and architecture, gardening and natural history. I love plain chocolate, fireworks and trees, but I don’t hug them, I do hug kittens. I hate ignorance, when it can be avoided, so I hate the 'educational' establishment and pity the millions they’ve failed with teaching-to-test and rote 'learning' and I hate the short-sighted stupidity of the entire ruling/industrial elite, with their planet destroying fascism and added “buy-one-get-one-free”. Likewise, I also have no time for fools and little time for the false crap we're all supposed to pretend we haven't noticed, or the games we're supposed to play. I will 'bite the hand that feeds', to remind it why it feeds.

Sunday, February 4, 2018

T is for Toy Fair '18 Reports - Solido

These are both in the Amerang catalogue as imported, limited editions of a thousand, and a complete departure for Solido, to whom they are credited. Whether that's a thousand units worldwide, or a thousand in/for the UK I don't know, but I suspect the former?

D-Day Cromwell, weathered nicely.

Quadruple 38mm Anti-aircraft AFV
Pz.Kfw. IV Flack-Panzer Whirlwind, with rather leery paint!

They look a bit like both the small range Matchbox imported back in the 1990's and some of the part-work sets issued in recent years, just given new paint, but they aren't clear shots and with moulds for the Italian set of 'up-market' die-casts (Armour Collection?) from the 80's kicking-around and others out there, they could be from anywhere or entirely new sculpts.

Get 'em before they're gone - if they happen, this is a Toy Fair report, not a retail buy!

Solido, via Amerang - 1:72nd scale.

No comments: