About Me

My photo
No Fixed Abode, Home Counties, United Kingdom
I’m a 60-year-old Aspergic gardening CAD-Monkey. Sardonic, cynical and with the political leanings of a social reformer, I’m also a toy and model figure collector, particularly interested in the history of plastics and plastic toys. Other interests are history, current affairs, modern art, and architecture, gardening and natural history. I love plain chocolate, fireworks and trees, but I don’t hug them, I do hug kittens. I hate ignorance, when it can be avoided, so I hate the 'educational' establishment and pity the millions they’ve failed with teaching-to-test and rote 'learning' and I hate the short-sighted stupidity of the entire ruling/industrial elite, with their planet destroying fascism and added “buy-one-get-one-free”. Likewise, I also have no time for fools and little time for the false crap we're all supposed to pretend we haven't noticed, or the games we're supposed to play. I will 'bite the hand that feeds', to remind it why it feeds.

Sunday, February 11, 2018

I is for If You Like Sci-fi Toys!

I received an email and some very interesting shots of Zero Hour (Code Zero in the 'States) toys, as the Photo's aren't collageable and the text is self-explanatory, I give you first Richard Dixon's own words, then the shots...

Hi Hugh

I've just been reading your site stuff on Zero Hour Toys....

....I was the principal photographic designer for Bluebird Toys in 1989 - 1990....I also designed the Toy Fair Displays for the Range at Earls Court Toy Fair and the smaller display at Harrogate Toy Fair to launch the range.

During my time on the promotion for the product I also built a large display for Hamleys in London for the Christmas Display to promote the Range...and worked on the TV advertisements and all Children's Comics for the Range....

....Best Regards




Richard's website is a wealth of toy info and nostalgic imagery . . .


. . .  thank you Richard for these fascinating pictures!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Hugh.....Hope you had a good Christmas.....hope 2021 is a good year for us all....just a quick email to say my latest "Children's Photo Story Creations" are now available to see on my studio web site with preview images....
SEASTAR 5 INVADERS FROM THE ABYSS......The underwater adventure story series....now with twelve full episodes are all available on my web site....a quick Google of "RICHARD DIXON TPD STUDIOS" will enable your readers to launch into this fantastic model dimensional supermation picture series of the adventures of the super submarine "SEASTAR 5" at the bottom of the sea .
Also on the web site....previews of "SINBAD GOLD RAIDER HEROES" an Arabian Knights Fantasy Adventure also completed in supermation imagery.....
My latest work "MAGNUS JONES STARJET RANGERS 2400AD" gets its first previews on my site as well....
Hope your readers continue to like my work....

Best Regards
Richard Dixon TPD STUDIOS UK .

Hugh Walter said...

Didn't go well Richard, and Christmas was pretty-much cancelled, but glad you're doing OK

H

Anonymous said...

Hi Hugh.....Thanks for putting my recent post on your site.....appreciate that.....will keep you posted on my latest creation " MAGNUS JONES STARJET RANGERS " .
Currently I'm shooting some new material for it......please let me know an email address I can send some pictures over to you....I'm on a new email....tpdnorthwest@outlook.com
Pictures available in a few weeks .
Best Regards Richard Dixon TPD STUDIOS UK .

RICHARD DIXON said...

Hi Hugh.....My latest work has just arrived on Amazon Kindle ....SEASTAR 5 INVADERS FROM THE ABYSS.....finally the concept I created back in 2012 has received a fully illustrated children's storybook release on Amazon Kindle .....the undersea adventure at the bottom of the Pacific Ocean will receive six storybooks through this year and into 2024 .
My website has images and more details on the series at www.richard-dixon-tpd-studios.co.uk

The website also has images from my latest Toy Industry work , together with more children's storybook productions now in production , including Magnus Jones and the Starjet Rangers and Steamboat Jack .

If you would like me to send you some pictures Hugh just let me know your latest email .

Best Regards Richard Dixon TPD STUDIOS UK .