About Me

My photo
No Fixed Abode, Home Counties, United Kingdom
I’m a 60-year-old Aspergic gardening CAD-Monkey. Sardonic, cynical and with the political leanings of a social reformer, I’m also a toy and model figure collector, particularly interested in the history of plastics and plastic toys. Other interests are history, current affairs, modern art, and architecture, gardening and natural history. I love plain chocolate, fireworks and trees, but I don’t hug them, I do hug kittens. I hate ignorance, when it can be avoided, so I hate the 'educational' establishment and pity the millions they’ve failed with teaching-to-test and rote 'learning' and I hate the short-sighted stupidity of the entire ruling/industrial elite, with their planet destroying fascism and added “buy-one-get-one-free”. Likewise, I also have no time for fools and little time for the false crap we're all supposed to pretend we haven't noticed, or the games we're supposed to play. I will 'bite the hand that feeds', to remind it why it feeds.

Friday, September 25, 2020

H is for Hungarian Herdsman Hurls Hose

I only have the sellers word for this being Hungarian, but there's no reason to not believe that he is until otherwise informed by better or more empirical data, given as how he arrived from Hungary yesterday, with Hungarian postage, tax-form an'all!

Cavity 118; Gun Belt; Hungarian Cowboy; Hungarian Manufacturer; Hungarian Toy Soldiers; MPC 118; MPC Cowboys; MPC Ring-Hand's; MPC Wild West; Pistol; Pistol Belt; Rifle; Ring-Hand Figure; Small Scale World; smallscaleworld.blogspot.com; Soviet Era Figures; Soviet Era Toys;
When I saw him I thought he might be a copy of a Pecos figure as scale was hard to judge and I didn't bother looking it up, it was going for a song so I just grabbed it! He's actually a copy of the generic MPC pose; cavity 118, which was issued as a cowboy among others.

While the rifle (oversized) fits one hand and the belt is definitely ex-MPC, the pistol has too-big a grip to fit in the ring-hand so may be of an other origin and the 'iron bar' or hose he's about to crack someone over the head with seems to be a polyethylene scrap taken from the lip or lid of some container and probably has nothing to do with the original figure! Although it might be the chewed end of another rifle?

Cavity 118; Gun Belt; Hungarian Cowboy; Hungarian Manufacturer; Hungarian Toy Soldiers; MPC 118; MPC Cowboys; MPC Ring-Hand's; MPC Wild West; Pistol; Pistol Belt; Rifle; Ring-Hand Figure; Small Scale World; smallscaleworld.blogspot.com; Soviet Era Figures; Soviet Era Toys;

The base lacks the usual MPC markings so it would seem to be the knock-off and when the MPC turn up (garage!) I'll compare him with the hand-up guy - if I have him? Accessories on the right, and it's Hungary in the tag-list!

Nice to see - later the same day - that 'Dan Morgan' was paying attention!

2 comments:

Ed and Bettina Berg said...

Interesting - Hungarian MPC knock-offs!

Hugh Walter said...

There's literally 'nothing new under the sun' Ed; currently a set of Chinatroop 'armymen' is out there with piracies of all the Riesler prone poses . . . you wouldn't make it up!

H