About Me

My photo
No Fixed Abode, Home Counties, United Kingdom
I’m a 60-year-old Aspergic gardening CAD-Monkey. Sardonic, cynical and with the political leanings of a social reformer, I’m also a toy and model figure collector, particularly interested in the history of plastics and plastic toys. Other interests are history, current affairs, modern art, and architecture, gardening and natural history. I love plain chocolate, fireworks and trees, but I don’t hug them, I do hug kittens. I hate ignorance, when it can be avoided, so I hate the 'educational' establishment and pity the millions they’ve failed with teaching-to-test and rote 'learning' and I hate the short-sighted stupidity of the entire ruling/industrial elite, with their planet destroying fascism and added “buy-one-get-one-free”. Likewise, I also have no time for fools and little time for the false crap we're all supposed to pretend we haven't noticed, or the games we're supposed to play. I will 'bite the hand that feeds', to remind it why it feeds.

Tuesday, September 1, 2020

H is for How They Come In - The 'Meah' Lot!

Last week's finds were a bit disappointing I'm afraid, but to not show it would be to upset the sort of sub-conscious symmetry which drives people with Asperger's, so here it is for your amusement; two bags of relative shite and another teddy-bear.

Animal Erasers; Character Options; Erasers; Golden Bear; Iwako; Medic; Moshlings; Nurse Figures; Pig Super Hero; Pink Monkey; Shopkins; Small Bear; Small Scale World; smallscaleworld.blogspot.com; Superheroes; Teddy Bear; Union Jack; Zinglings;
Bag'a'shite! Bloooody Stuuudents! "Oh, oh look, I gotta disssserrrtaaation"! The bottom three rows are some sort of 'zing, 'ling or 'kin, which sort I haven't looked up, but they are all piling-up in Picasa (under 1964!) for an overview one day!

Purple Alien is fun if a bit cartoony, eight Iwako or Iwako-piracies top right, a Character Options footballer (useful as a sample for comparisons, if for nothing else) and three similar figures by someone else who makes better 'minis' than Lego!

Animal Erasers; Character Options; Erasers; Golden Bear; Iwako; Medic; Moshlings; Nurse Figures; Pig Super Hero; Pink Monkey; Shopkins; Small Bear; Small Scale World; smallscaleworld.blogspot.com; Superheroes; Teddy Bear; Union Jack; Zinglings;
Bag No.2; more of the same but mostly resin and I rather like the piggy-wiggy superheroes -  Superham and Captain Gammon! Anyone know anything about them; the trouble with poured resin is anyone can do it in their shed or garage and get it into a local craft or gift/tourist shop, so you never know the level of 'commercial' interest, but they are both quite professional looking so somebody may know what they are all about?

Footballer and the two love-hearts go back to charity, but the pink 'knitted' PVC monkey stays until I find out about it! And a couple more unknown 'kins.

Animal Erasers; Character Options; Erasers; Golden Bear; Iwako; Medic; Moshlings; Nurse Figures; Pig Super Hero; Pink Monkey; Shopkins; Small Bear; Small Scale World; smallscaleworld.blogspot.com; Superheroes; Teddy Bear; Union Jack; Zinglings;
Another teddy-bear who ticks all the Covid-19, clapping but no pay-rise, NHS cannon-fodder boxes!

3 comments:

Mark, Man of TIN said...

Bottom three rows of your first photograph are the highly forgettable Moshi Monsters.

Mark, Man of TIN said...

Second photo - apart from the footballer, monkey, Union Jack heart and superhero pigs, the rest are all Moshi Monsters - they have quite a distinctive eye pupil style / shape. No sorry, I've forgotten them already ...

Hugh Walter said...

Yeah, hence the "'lings", some of them were 'Moshlings' I think? Don't want people thinking I know too much about them, think of my reputation Mark! Oh, I don't have one . . . well, anyway . . .

H