About Me

My photo
No Fixed Abode, Home Counties, United Kingdom
I’m a 51-year-old Aspergic CAD-Monkey. Sardonic, cynical and with the political leanings of a social reformer, I’m also a toy and model figure collector, particularly interested in the history of plastics and plastic toys. Other interests are history, current affairs, modern art, and architecture, gardening and natural history. I love plain chocolate, fireworks and trees but I don’t hug them, I do hug kittens. I hate ignorance, when it can be avoided, so I hate the 'educational' establishment and pity the millions they’ve failed with teaching-to-test and rote 'learning' and I hate the short-sighted stupidity of the entire ruling/industrial elite, with their planet destroying fascism and added “buy-one-get-one-free”. I also have no time for fools and little time for the false crap we're all supposed to pretend we haven't noticed, or the games we're supposed to play.

Thursday, May 9, 2013

S is for Shamber's, no shambles!

The old TimMee M48 (among other things) has been re-issued and a blog has been set-up to keep people apace with ongoing developments here; TimMee Army, however; partly to prove that the British sounding aspect of the Beverly post (below this one) could be a red herring, here's another British sounding name which is definitely Spanish in make and marketing (there's a couple of their pieces on FleaBay at the moment), here is a different take on the TimMee tank...

...a push-and-go fly-wheel motor! This is clearly the Tim Mee tank, even down to the two little cut-outs below the radiator grill under the rear deck, except it's marked Shamber's. I guess they got the superstructures from Tim Mee and mated them to their own belly-pan? Or maybe they got to borrow the moulds in one of these 1-on/11-off deals? Shamber's seem to have been a bit like Baravelli in Italy or Exin (also Spanish) in bying-in stuff from elsewhere and/or re-badging, while also carrying a bit of Hong Kong rack-toy stuff.

Anyway, it's an improvement on the Fairylite/Jimson copy of the Airfix/Cohn M40-something and at around 1:48th scale, will sit well next to that one and the Raphael Lipkin Conqueror. Apologies for the dust, but I was clearly too keen to get it blogged! And I love the colour, like some late Beton figures, a rich golden olive-green.

[Added 13-05-2013] I suppose I should have shown the dratted motor having mentioned it! So here it is, along with a shot of the underside of the turret which is very similar to the Airfix/T Cohn/Jimson ones. Compare the riveting of the motor-body with the TAT Bren-gun Carrier (post above), it would appear that the Spanish company bought-in the motors from the Far East?

4 comments:

Paul´s Bods said...

Has the look of the old Airfix tanks about it.

Maverick Collecting said...

Yes, it's very similar to the 2nd version Patton by Airfix, both M48A1/2's I believe, it's hard to give a toy like this a closer designation as there were a myriad sub-versions and retro-fitting of upgrades...

Patton's - lots uv'em!

...but both more accurate than the earlier pair, copied by Jimson in 1:48th scale.

H

Poacher said...

Always thought they were bigger! Maybe that is because I was much smaller?

Memory plays tricks. :-)

Chrissie
xx

Maverick Collecting said...

Hi Chrissie...everything was bigger when we were little...hell I can eat a Black Forest Gateau so fast these days they MUST be smaller!!

H