About Me

My photo
No Fixed Abode, Home Counties, United Kingdom
I’m a 60-year-old Aspergic gardening CAD-Monkey. Sardonic, cynical and with the political leanings of a social reformer, I’m also a toy and model figure collector, particularly interested in the history of plastics and plastic toys. Other interests are history, current affairs, modern art, and architecture, gardening and natural history. I love plain chocolate, fireworks and trees, but I don’t hug them, I do hug kittens. I hate ignorance, when it can be avoided, so I hate the 'educational' establishment and pity the millions they’ve failed with teaching-to-test and rote 'learning' and I hate the short-sighted stupidity of the entire ruling/industrial elite, with their planet destroying fascism and added “buy-one-get-one-free”. Likewise, I also have no time for fools and little time for the false crap we're all supposed to pretend we haven't noticed, or the games we're supposed to play. I will 'bite the hand that feeds', to remind it why it feeds.

Thursday, September 27, 2018

B is for Brucey Bonus - Lone Star

I lied earlier, this was sitting in the queue, the Lone Star HO sized Wild West figures, both storage-lot and here-lot combined and laid-out as fully as my sample will allow.
 
Airfix Compatable; Airfix Compatible; Cowboys; Cowboys and Indians; DCMT Die Cast Machine Tools; Early British Toy Figures; HO - OO; HO - OO Figures; Indian Toy Figures; Lone Star; Lone Star Harvey Series; Lone Star HO - OO Figures; Mounted Cowboys; Mounted Figures; Mounted Indians; Native American Indians; Native American Toy Figures; Original Figures; Reissue; Small Scale; Small Scale World; smallscaleworld.blogspot.com; Wild West;
There are two versions, the earlier, factory-painted chalky-ethylene ones are getting very brittle now, and consequently hard to find and even-harder to find intact, one mounted figure each and five foot poses, painting is restricted to two colours (if that) except the black horse, but that may be a home-enhanced paint-job?
 
A second set was issued with bases added to the mounted figures, this lot is in a shinier polyethylene, the same as the game-piece Indians we looked at the other day, whether this points to them being included in a game too, is a moot point, and I've never seen them in other colours?

I like that with the mounted figures the front foot/hoof is off the base, in both cases, suggesting forward-momentum!
 
What I would say is that while the earlier ones tend to appear together (having been issued originally in a large vac-formed play-set), the unpainted ones tend to appear either as a set/near-set of cowboys or as a set/near-set of Indians, so may have been issued separately on small cards or something?
 
It's not terribly clear from the image but the left-hand mounted red one is in a slight colour variation; a darker but slightly translucent red.
 
More on these at PSR including other paint-colours and the missing poses in brown!

2 comments:

Terranova47 said...

I wish I had known about these figures when the Airfix OO/HO ones came to market to grow the warparty.

Hugh Walter said...

So did I when I finally found them Terra, but despite knowing about them for 20-odd years now, I still haven't tracked them all down yet! Like Rocking-horse eggs they are!

H