About Me

My photo
No Fixed Abode, Home Counties, United Kingdom
I’m a 60-year-old Aspergic gardening CAD-Monkey. Sardonic, cynical and with the political leanings of a social reformer, I’m also a toy and model figure collector, particularly interested in the history of plastics and plastic toys. Other interests are history, current affairs, modern art, and architecture, gardening and natural history. I love plain chocolate, fireworks and trees, but I don’t hug them, I do hug kittens. I hate ignorance, when it can be avoided, so I hate the 'educational' establishment and pity the millions they’ve failed with teaching-to-test and rote 'learning' and I hate the short-sighted stupidity of the entire ruling/industrial elite, with their planet destroying fascism and added “buy-one-get-one-free”. Likewise, I also have no time for fools and little time for the false crap we're all supposed to pretend we haven't noticed, or the games we're supposed to play. I will 'bite the hand that feeds', to remind it why it feeds.

Friday, September 28, 2018

C is for Celluloid Coach

So good I collaged it twice! You all know I like an HO'ish wagon or two, here's a new addition to the fleet!

Blow Mould; Blow Moulded Toy; Celluloid Acetate Figure; Celluloid Nitrate Figure; Celluloid Novelty; Celluloid Toys; Cellulose Acetate; Cellulose Nitrate; Japanese Celluloid Toy; Japanese Civilian Figures; Japanese Novelty Toy; Japanese Toy; Japanese Toys; Made in Japan; Novelty Toy; Small Scale World; smallscaleworld.blogspot.com; Vac Forms; Vacuum-Formed;
Picked this up at Sandown, what a peach, a bit dented on the right side, but for something that was probably twenty years old when I was born, and made of the most frangible material ever used for plastic playthings, I think it's survival to date is a bit of a miracle!

Blow Mould; Blow Moulded Toy; Celluloid Acetate Figure; Celluloid Nitrate Figure; Celluloid Novelty; Celluloid Toys; Cellulose Acetate; Cellulose Nitrate; Japanese Celluloid Toy; Japanese Civilian Figures; Japanese Novelty Toy; Japanese Toy; Japanese Toys; Made in Japan; Novelty Toy; Small Scale World; smallscaleworld.blogspot.com; Vac Forms; Vacuum-Formed;
As well has the standard vac-formed halves welded together, this Japanese toy has Mazac wheels running through tubular-axles on wire rods and a cotton-threat rein, all have also survived - a real peach, it's even still got a piece of flash between the rear legs of the horse hanging-on buy a hair's width!

I love the footman in a fez, who looks surprised to have got the gig, while the 'Archbishop-Patriarch of All Russia' seems to be driving!

No comments: