About Me

My photo
No Fixed Abode, Home Counties, United Kingdom
I’m a 60-year-old Aspergic gardening CAD-Monkey. Sardonic, cynical and with the political leanings of a social reformer, I’m also a toy and model figure collector, particularly interested in the history of plastics and plastic toys. Other interests are history, current affairs, modern art, and architecture, gardening and natural history. I love plain chocolate, fireworks and trees, but I don’t hug them, I do hug kittens. I hate ignorance, when it can be avoided, so I hate the 'educational' establishment and pity the millions they’ve failed with teaching-to-test and rote 'learning' and I hate the short-sighted stupidity of the entire ruling/industrial elite, with their planet destroying fascism and added “buy-one-get-one-free”. Likewise, I also have no time for fools and little time for the false crap we're all supposed to pretend we haven't noticed, or the games we're supposed to play. I will 'bite the hand that feeds', to remind it why it feeds.

Sunday, September 9, 2018

T is for ♫♫♪ There's a Girl With My Bucket . . . Dear Liza; Dear Liza! There's a Girl . . . ♪♪♫♪

This is not the post I was hoping to have here, but I ran out of time again this week and threw this up here so there'd be something for the weekend!

Auburn Rubber; Britains Copies; Britains Farm; Britains Poultry; Bucket Carrier; Charbens Toy Farm; Crescent Farm People; Farm and Zoo; Farm Hand; Farm Toys; Farm Worger Toy; Farmer feeding; Farmer's Wife; Farming Figures & Animals; Female Farm Figure; Herald Hong Kong; Hilco Plastic Farm Girl; Hong Kong Plastic Toy; Made in Hong Kong; Ohio Arts; PVC Vinyl Figures; PVC Vinyl Rubber; Small Scale World; smallscaleworld.blogspot.com; Timpo Solid Farm; Timpo Swoppets; Timpo Toys;
Left to right; Timpo over-mould/swivel-waist; a Hong Kong giantess and what I think is the Ohio Arts version of the Auburn Rubber farm girl - I'm going on Kent Sprecher's comparison shot and the little 'smile' of the apron's hem seems to indicate Ohio along with the cowl of her hat?

I don't think it's a bucket either, it's a basket of bread so what the hell's she doing in the same tub!

Auburn Rubber; Britains Copies; Britains Farm; Britains Poultry; Bucket Carrier; Charbens Toy Farm; Crescent Farm People; Farm and Zoo; Farm Hand; Farm Toys; Farm Worger Toy; Farmer feeding; Farmer's Wife; Farming Figures & Animals; Female Farm Figure; Herald Hong Kong; Hilco Plastic Farm Girl; Hong Kong Plastic Toy; Made in Hong Kong; Ohio Arts; PVC Vinyl Figures; PVC Vinyl Rubber; Small Scale World; smallscaleworld.blogspot.com; Timpo Solid Farm; Timpo Swoppets; Timpo Toys;
Same procedure; Timpo 'solid' from hollow-cast mould; Charbens - likewise but re-cut with a larger base; Crescent (with passing goose!) aaaaand . . . not 100% on this one (there's some mileage for TJF!), early British - for sure - she looks like Hilco? She's similar to the Charbens one, but that sculpt has a solid stool (upturned bucket or log/stump) while this is more like the Britains stool and looks similar to the Johillco lead version?

Auburn Rubber; Britains Copies; Britains Farm; Britains Poultry; Bucket Carrier; Charbens Toy Farm; Crescent Farm People; Farm and Zoo; Farm Hand; Farm Toys; Farm Worger Toy; Farmer feeding; Farmer's Wife; Farming Figures & Animals; Female Farm Figure; Herald Hong Kong; Hilco Plastic Farm Girl; Hong Kong Plastic Toy; Made in Hong Kong; Ohio Arts; PVC Vinyl Figures; PVC Vinyl Rubber; Small Scale World; smallscaleworld.blogspot.com; Timpo Solid Farm; Timpo Swoppets; Timpo Toys;
All Britains, the early one is almost certainly a re-paint, but well matched, colour-wise I think? The rest are later HK vinyl's, indeed the last one (with separate - hinged handle - bucket) may be a China-for-Racing Champions or Tomy effort? Actually one of these only has a basket . . . and that last one has both, I must have decided buckets and/or baskets for the tub; I'll let Ms. Ohio off!

I know I have some of the intermediate Herald stuff (from the Charity-shop bags last year/earlier this year) but I thought I had some with these, I suspect it's just because I sorted tons of them when I worked for a dealer a decade ago (where does the time go!); so we will return to them once they have all been sorted together.

Women with buckets [or baskets!] . . . there's more!

No comments: