About Me

My photo
No Fixed Abode, Home Counties, United Kingdom
I’m a 60-year-old Aspergic gardening CAD-Monkey. Sardonic, cynical and with the political leanings of a social reformer, I’m also a toy and model figure collector, particularly interested in the history of plastics and plastic toys. Other interests are history, current affairs, modern art, and architecture, gardening and natural history. I love plain chocolate, fireworks and trees, but I don’t hug them, I do hug kittens. I hate ignorance, when it can be avoided, so I hate the 'educational' establishment and pity the millions they’ve failed with teaching-to-test and rote 'learning' and I hate the short-sighted stupidity of the entire ruling/industrial elite, with their planet destroying fascism and added “buy-one-get-one-free”. Likewise, I also have no time for fools and little time for the false crap we're all supposed to pretend we haven't noticed, or the games we're supposed to play. I will 'bite the hand that feeds', to remind it why it feeds.

Sunday, September 2, 2018

F is for Follow-up - Beatles Cake Decorations

The last time we looked at some of these (if not the time before as well!), I think I mentioned that I had another set in storage, and these are they!

Beatles; Board Game; Boardgame Pieces; Cake Decoration Figures; Cake Decorations; Drumner; George Harrison; Guitarist Figurine; John Lennon; Made in Hong Kong; Merseybeat Toys; Paul McCartney; Plastic Figurines; Plastic Novelty; Plastic Pop Musicians; Plastic Toy Beatles; Plastic Toy Figures; Playing Piece; Polystyrene Figures; Polystyrene Toy Soldiers; Pop Musicians; PVC Figurines; PVC Vinyl Rubber; Ringo Star; Rock and Roll Stars; Rock Chic; Rock Star Toy Figures; Small Scale World; smallscaleworld.blogspot.com; Toy Pop Stars; 1 Beatles Cake Decoration Plastic Toy Figures DSCN9071
They are midway between the smaller and larger examples we've seen here before, but Ringo at least (if you're a cake decorator) comes firmly attached to a drum! Like the previous sets you can see these in other colours on the Wibbly Wobbly Way, I've seen them in a similar pale blue to the smaller set, apple green, lemon yellow and primrose.

Beatles; Board Game; Boardgame Pieces; Cake Decoration Figures; Cake Decorations; Drumner; George Harrison; Guitarist Figurine; John Lennon; Made in Hong Kong; Merseybeat Toys; Paul McCartney; Plastic Figurines; Plastic Novelty; Plastic Pop Musicians; Plastic Toy Beatles; Plastic Toy Figures; Playing Piece; Polystyrene Figures; Polystyrene Toy Soldiers; Pop Musicians; PVC Figurines; PVC Vinyl Rubber; Ringo Star; Rock and Roll Stars; Rock Chic; Rock Star Toy Figures; Small Scale World; smallscaleworld.blogspot.com; Toy Pop Stars; 2 Pop Star Rock Chick Plastic Toy Figures Board Game Pieces DSCN9073
When we looked at the - still title-less - pop star board-game playing pieces a few months (weeks?) ago, I hoped out-loud I might have a 6th-colour in storage, I didn't, I had these two who are now 'for swap' duplicates, also in the box was the rather sullen looking grunge-babe who I think can be dated to the 1980's 'pop scene' by dint of her pixy-boots!

She's marked 'Japan' and definitely comes under the 'factory-painted LRG' (little rubber girl!) classification.

1st May 2020 - Turned out a few weeks later she was one of the Mattel 'Cuties'

No comments: