About Me

My photo
No Fixed Abode, Home Counties, United Kingdom
I’m a 60-year-old Aspergic gardening CAD-Monkey. Sardonic, cynical and with the political leanings of a social reformer, I’m also a toy and model figure collector, particularly interested in the history of plastics and plastic toys. Other interests are history, current affairs, modern art, and architecture, gardening and natural history. I love plain chocolate, fireworks and trees, but I don’t hug them, I do hug kittens. I hate ignorance, when it can be avoided, so I hate the 'educational' establishment and pity the millions they’ve failed with teaching-to-test and rote 'learning' and I hate the short-sighted stupidity of the entire ruling/industrial elite, with their planet destroying fascism and added “buy-one-get-one-free”. Likewise, I also have no time for fools and little time for the false crap we're all supposed to pretend we haven't noticed, or the games we're supposed to play. I will 'bite the hand that feeds', to remind it why it feeds.

Sunday, March 7, 2010

News, views etc...Three Column Link

I've added a link (top right) to THE best instructions for changing a two-column 'Minima' template to a three-column layout. As you may have noticed I changed mine about three weeks ago and have been 'trialing' it since, and I'm well pleased! You don't have to scroll so far down the page to find all the 'other bits'.

I would recommend the follow-up instructions, vis-a-vis column width, which are on a different page to the one I've linked to, but once you're stuck-in, it's all very clear. In the column margin instructions he gives 5 and 10px for the sidebar measurements, this left mine a bit squished, so I took his further advice and tweaked them, they are now 4px and 11px, which is what you're viewing.

Good luck if you choose to jump in, don't blame me if it all goes horribly wrong! (copy your code first into word or something, then if it all goes pear-shaped, you can restore the original settings!).

Link's here too; Three Column Blogger

He also has instructions for;

Denim
Minima Dark, left, leftystreach & Ochre
Rounders
Rounders 2, 3 & 4

And you need to make sure you've got the right one or your widgets will go all over the place. My screen is now too wide in 'Layout' but a bit of scrolling to 'save' occasionally is a small price to pay.

No comments: