About Me

My photo
No Fixed Abode, Home Counties, United Kingdom
I’m a 60-year-old Aspergic gardening CAD-Monkey. Sardonic, cynical and with the political leanings of a social reformer, I’m also a toy and model figure collector, particularly interested in the history of plastics and plastic toys. Other interests are history, current affairs, modern art, and architecture, gardening and natural history. I love plain chocolate, fireworks and trees, but I don’t hug them, I do hug kittens. I hate ignorance, when it can be avoided, so I hate the 'educational' establishment and pity the millions they’ve failed with teaching-to-test and rote 'learning' and I hate the short-sighted stupidity of the entire ruling/industrial elite, with their planet destroying fascism and added “buy-one-get-one-free”. Likewise, I also have no time for fools and little time for the false crap we're all supposed to pretend we haven't noticed, or the games we're supposed to play. I will 'bite the hand that feeds', to remind it why it feeds.

Wednesday, February 16, 2011

P is for Pop-together?

This popped-up at the NEC this weekend, seems to be an Athlete (vest and pants/leotard). with a buckled belt, and is in the style of both 1970's Breakfast Cereal giveaways and Monta-man from Montaplex.

Smaller than Monta-man, but in a very typical Motaplex colour, the quality too is more 'Sobre' than 'Sugar Smacs'. I initially thought he was supposed to be Tarzan the Ape-man swinging through the trees, but suspect (after photography and closer inspection) that he should be swinging from a parallel-bar?

Markings are as overlaid; anyone got any idea as to his make, origin or identity?

13th June 2015 - He is on Kent Sprecher's site as Mattel for Shell Petroleum 'Ringling Brothers and Barnum & Bailey Circus'  and he goes with set #10 Trapeze Artist and set #11 Accessory Act. The 'overlaid' markings were never published - I used to upload pictures without saving the edits in Picasa, and they'd lose the changes! I think it was only a (C) mark on the lower back?

2 comments:

Toymaker Williamsburg said...

What a find. It seems like it should be a collectors piece...or at the very least fun to play with!

Hugh Walter said...

It could be quite modern/common? That's the mystery, but glad you enjoyed anyway!

H