About Me

My photo
No Fixed Abode, Home Counties, United Kingdom
I’m a 60-year-old Aspergic gardening CAD-Monkey. Sardonic, cynical and with the political leanings of a social reformer, I’m also a toy and model figure collector, particularly interested in the history of plastics and plastic toys. Other interests are history, current affairs, modern art, and architecture, gardening and natural history. I love plain chocolate, fireworks and trees, but I don’t hug them, I do hug kittens. I hate ignorance, when it can be avoided, so I hate the 'educational' establishment and pity the millions they’ve failed with teaching-to-test and rote 'learning' and I hate the short-sighted stupidity of the entire ruling/industrial elite, with their planet destroying fascism and added “buy-one-get-one-free”. Likewise, I also have no time for fools and little time for the false crap we're all supposed to pretend we haven't noticed, or the games we're supposed to play. I will 'bite the hand that feeds', to remind it why it feeds.

Sunday, June 22, 2014

N is for Not Meccano!

I bought these the other day, bit of an odd one as the company conserned has no connection with figures or war toys of any kind, but over the years I have picked up a tin of bits in mixed lots and often wondered what they were from...

I used to get confused between these people and Rosedale/Tudor Rose, but they are in fact different companies, although both made dolls. I had been watching these get cheaper, the last few visits to the Sandown Park toy fair and the last time I was there they were cheap as chips!

I'll look out for the other set ('Set A' seems to have the four little wheels and long bars needed for anything complicated or mobile to be modelled), and then probably off-load them as a group in a year or two with the loose bits. I just like that they are early plastic and have a nostalgia value!

There's no date on them, but artwork would place them late 1950's or early 1960's? Soft ethylene and only the three colours.

2 comments:

Bernard Taylor said...

Hello Hugh
Looks very similar to Tallon Tek (or Tek Tallon?) http://www.planetdiecast.com/index.php?option=com_kunena&func=view&catid=111&id=797&Itemid=2455
except for the diamond rather than square pattern. Rosebud were the manufacturers of the famous 'Kitmaster' loco and coach kits in the very early 1960s, many of which are still available from Dapol (via Airfix).

Hugh Walter said...

Interesting Bernard...Tallon was the UK trading name for Manurba products? Now Manurba made pretty original stuff (a lot copied OFF them - in HK), so they would have been unlikely to rip-off Rosebud, but equally Rosebud weren't known for piracy...however there used to be a lot of these types of toy, so parallel evolution?

H