About Me

My photo
No Fixed Abode, Home Counties, United Kingdom
I’m a 60-year-old Aspergic gardening CAD-Monkey. Sardonic, cynical and with the political leanings of a social reformer, I’m also a toy and model figure collector, particularly interested in the history of plastics and plastic toys. Other interests are history, current affairs, modern art, and architecture, gardening and natural history. I love plain chocolate, fireworks and trees, but I don’t hug them, I do hug kittens. I hate ignorance, when it can be avoided, so I hate the 'educational' establishment and pity the millions they’ve failed with teaching-to-test and rote 'learning' and I hate the short-sighted stupidity of the entire ruling/industrial elite, with their planet destroying fascism and added “buy-one-get-one-free”. Likewise, I also have no time for fools and little time for the false crap we're all supposed to pretend we haven't noticed, or the games we're supposed to play. I will 'bite the hand that feeds', to remind it why it feeds.

Friday, July 3, 2015

P is for Peter Pan Playthings

When we looked at the MPC mini-planes a while ago, I mentioned briefly the 'rocket planes' in the other-makes round-up picture; last shot here. Well; synergy being what it is, they turned-up a few months later to explain the slot in their underside.

Found at Plastic Warrior' show in May, I tried to buy it but the owner had wandered-off and there was no price on it, so I just shot it for the archive! A pull-back, sprung-lever flic-fires the 'planes (I'd imagine with some force) across the carpet, possibly at an unsuspecting sibling...since known as 'one-eye'!

A reminder of the original three from my bag of bits. Two are marked Hong Kong and have crude stars on the wing-uppers, the third is unmarked, has smaller ailerons/tail-planes (?...horizontal/flat bits of the tail!) and cannon extending forward of the wing-tips, hinting at at-least two other makers of what was probably a common 'novelty' toy in the late 1950's.

I wouldn't be surprised to the learn the original was Thomas or Pyro, with moulds being shared to legitimate companies and the whole copied in HK by less legitimate ones!

No comments: