About Me

My photo
No Fixed Abode, Home Counties, United Kingdom
I’m a 60-year-old Aspergic gardening CAD-Monkey. Sardonic, cynical and with the political leanings of a social reformer, I’m also a toy and model figure collector, particularly interested in the history of plastics and plastic toys. Other interests are history, current affairs, modern art, and architecture, gardening and natural history. I love plain chocolate, fireworks and trees, but I don’t hug them, I do hug kittens. I hate ignorance, when it can be avoided, so I hate the 'educational' establishment and pity the millions they’ve failed with teaching-to-test and rote 'learning' and I hate the short-sighted stupidity of the entire ruling/industrial elite, with their planet destroying fascism and added “buy-one-get-one-free”. Likewise, I also have no time for fools and little time for the false crap we're all supposed to pretend we haven't noticed, or the games we're supposed to play. I will 'bite the hand that feeds', to remind it why it feeds.

Friday, February 19, 2016

O is for Other Hong Kong Horses

Mentioned the other night in the old show-photo's post, these are about 15mm for gaming purposes, and were issued in Christmas Crackers here (UK), but probably also in gum-ball machines here or elsewhere.

Britains Swoppet poses, there seem only to be the six (three each; Cowboys & Indians) and like the Lone Star cracker toys, seem to come in every colour under the sun, but in one's, or the occasional two or three! Also like the L*S figures, they are single mouldings of rider and horse together. There were a couple of other colours in the shot the other day I think, which at 7 figures was likely someone else's amassing!

This (bottom right-hand shot) is four-years worth, with my original sample in the upper scan (and a 1IW shot to the left?), they did grow somewhat - as a sample - between the photo's being taken and them going into storage, so we'll look at them again one day when they are all together and get-at-able!

These are also a tad removed from the run-of-the-mill Hong Kong hollow-horses, in that the horses are solid, but otherwise there's not much in it, the foot figures are standard fare, and the riders likewise: common HK post-Giant poses, with the leg-plugs.

Given away with breakfast cereal, they were also available in the US (maybe first?) so it will probably be one of the less popular brands over here like Force or Grape-nuts?

No comments: