About Me

My photo
No Fixed Abode, Home Counties, United Kingdom
I’m a 60-year-old Aspergic gardening CAD-Monkey. Sardonic, cynical and with the political leanings of a social reformer, I’m also a toy and model figure collector, particularly interested in the history of plastics and plastic toys. Other interests are history, current affairs, modern art, and architecture, gardening and natural history. I love plain chocolate, fireworks and trees, but I don’t hug them, I do hug kittens. I hate ignorance, when it can be avoided, so I hate the 'educational' establishment and pity the millions they’ve failed with teaching-to-test and rote 'learning' and I hate the short-sighted stupidity of the entire ruling/industrial elite, with their planet destroying fascism and added “buy-one-get-one-free”. Likewise, I also have no time for fools and little time for the false crap we're all supposed to pretend we haven't noticed, or the games we're supposed to play. I will 'bite the hand that feeds', to remind it why it feeds.

Thursday, April 1, 2021

M is for Macrobots and [Macro?] Nauts

Pleased to be putting these to bed, albeit more info' is still to be found (European brandings?), but the victory was putting the two sets together as the connection wasn't empirical, nor clear! I had a fetching pink rubber astronaut in the unknown-zone for the longest time, and a robot in the pencil-tops box, but a while ago managed to obtain this mixed lot . . .

Astronauts; Carded Novelty; Eraser Robots; Famus Corp; Macrobots; Made in Hong Kong; Made in Japan; Novelty Erasers; Novelty Figurines; Novelty Stationary; Pencil Rubbers; Pencil Top Erasers; Pencil Toppers; Pencil Tops; Robot Eraser Set; Rubber Erasers; Small Scale World; smallscaleworld.blogspot.com; Space Novelties; Spacemen;
. . . ostensively for the rubber robots, they being a growing sub-category or side-collection, but which came with three more of the roughly 50mm (thick bases) astronauts in two new poses. The incomplete red-yellow plug-together - I think - belongs to another, as yet to be tracked-down, line?

I wasn't convinced they actually went together as the greens were subtly different and the robots were configured as pencil-tops with a large hole in their 'catflap' (as Andy Wood succinctly put it, elsewhere, the other day!) against the integral bases of the Nasa'nauts, so I was going to separate them, robots with the rest, Astronauts with the existing pink one.

Astronauts; Carded Novelty; Eraser Robots; Famus Corp; Macrobots; Made in Hong Kong; Made in Japan; Novelty Erasers; Novelty Figurines; Novelty Stationary; Pencil Rubbers; Pencil Top Erasers; Pencil Toppers; Pencil Tops; Robot Eraser Set; Rubber Erasers; Small Scale World; smallscaleworld.blogspot.com; Space Novelties; Spacemen;
However, this turned-up on eBay, giving us a branding for the US market (Famus Corporation - new to the tag-list I think!) and showing they definitely go together, which leaves me with a quandary; if they stay together they will be absent from both the robot-eraser box and the Astronauts!

It's a quandary I haven't fully reconciled yet, do I, for instance, put the kharki-green Maisto front-loader with the farm tractors, the military plant (small but growing category) or keep them in a Maisto tub, denying the other AFV categories of their Maisto's too, and while - particularly with the figures - it's increasingly a case of 'theme over maker', it's not fully decided one way or the other, but I think one day I'll be breaking down everything to themes, even the Airfix and Britains?

I wouldn't want you thinking I lose sleep over this stuff, I don’t, but if you then can't find something you know you have in the 'stash' - because having looked in the three obvious/previous places, you forget you started a fourth category just for them - it becomes a pain . . . erasers or pencil tops??!

Astronauts; Carded Novelty; Eraser Robots; Famus Corp; Macrobots; Made in Hong Kong; Made in Japan; Novelty Erasers; Novelty Figurines; Novelty Stationary; Pencil Rubbers; Pencil Top Erasers; Pencil Toppers; Pencil Tops; Robot Eraser Set; Rubber Erasers; Small Scale World; smallscaleworld.blogspot.com; Space Novelties; Spacemen;
Anyway another purchase (if you wait a few weeks this stuff all turns up for pennies) gives us the four known robot poses (from the card), three astronauts and a smaller 'bot (also a pencil-topper) in a variety of colours (8 with the two greens, 11 with the carded set), and the box well and truly ticked . . . just remains; where to put them!

And I'm assuming the robots are based on some other-titled Japanese TV-serial robots of the 1970's or '80's?

No comments: