About Me

My photo
No Fixed Abode, Home Counties, United Kingdom
I’m a 60-year-old Aspergic gardening CAD-Monkey. Sardonic, cynical and with the political leanings of a social reformer, I’m also a toy and model figure collector, particularly interested in the history of plastics and plastic toys. Other interests are history, current affairs, modern art, and architecture, gardening and natural history. I love plain chocolate, fireworks and trees, but I don’t hug them, I do hug kittens. I hate ignorance, when it can be avoided, so I hate the 'educational' establishment and pity the millions they’ve failed with teaching-to-test and rote 'learning' and I hate the short-sighted stupidity of the entire ruling/industrial elite, with their planet destroying fascism and added “buy-one-get-one-free”. Likewise, I also have no time for fools and little time for the false crap we're all supposed to pretend we haven't noticed, or the games we're supposed to play. I will 'bite the hand that feeds', to remind it why it feeds.

Wednesday, July 8, 2020

News, Views Etc . . . Lose Ends

Latest release from Barney over at Herald Toys and Models (I've just been over there and they are selling fast!);

"We are very pleased to announce the arrival from Derbyshire of a new, very substantial, one-owner collection of plastics from the late 1950's and early 60's, both 54mm and 60mm scale. Whether you collect by maker (most British makers are represented) or thematically (from Arabs to Zulus), there are many interesting and unusual figures to whet your collecting appetite!"

Proving I'm not just a pretty face, and with thanks to Adrian Little for the heads-up, this image from the recent Vectis auctions (and I downloaded all the catalogues when telling you about them, but missed it!) confirms both the scrambler type and board-game origins of the motorcycles I hinted at when we looked at them a couple of  posts ago! The Glevum Series 'Dirt Track Racing for Motor Cycles' seems to be the source of a six-set, paint wise.

2 comments:

Jan Ferris said...

Nice finds! I find that I cannot stop salivating.

Hugh Walter said...

Not finds Jan! It's the catalogue shot from Vectis auction . . . I wish!

H