About Me

My photo
No Fixed Abode, Home Counties, United Kingdom
I’m a 60-year-old Aspergic gardening CAD-Monkey. Sardonic, cynical and with the political leanings of a social reformer, I’m also a toy and model figure collector, particularly interested in the history of plastics and plastic toys. Other interests are history, current affairs, modern art, and architecture, gardening and natural history. I love plain chocolate, fireworks and trees, but I don’t hug them, I do hug kittens. I hate ignorance, when it can be avoided, so I hate the 'educational' establishment and pity the millions they’ve failed with teaching-to-test and rote 'learning' and I hate the short-sighted stupidity of the entire ruling/industrial elite, with their planet destroying fascism and added “buy-one-get-one-free”. Likewise, I also have no time for fools and little time for the false crap we're all supposed to pretend we haven't noticed, or the games we're supposed to play. I will 'bite the hand that feeds', to remind it why it feeds.

Wednesday, July 22, 2020

H is for How They Come In - Medieval Knight Types

I've been buying more off of that evilBay during lockdown, and grabbed a mixed lot of medievals the other day, going spare, for one particular figure, but there were other items of interest in it and as they are a theme, we might as well have them as a post!

40mm Knights; 54mm Knights; 60mm Knights; 60mm Swoppet Knights; Charbens Knights; Cherilea 40mm Knights; Cherilea 60mm Knights; Cherilea 60mm Swoppets; Crescent 54mm Knights; Crescent for Kellogg's; Hilco Knights; Hong Kong Knights; Kellogg's Premiums; Kinder Knights; Lone Star 54mm Knights; Marx Knights; Medieval Figures; Medieval Knights; Medieval Toy Figures; Prindus Knights; Prison Industries Knights; Small Scale World; smallscaleworld.blogspot.com; Swoppet Knights; Tudor Rose Knights;
Cherilea 60mm, swoppets and solids, nothing terribly exciting, but the black-wash over bronze polymer swoppets were new to me and will be retained, while the yellow plug-ins will help with complete figure building - I have a bag (they're too big for tubs) of finished ones and a bag of detritus! Among the solids I think I like the pinky-maroon re-issue the most, he looks like he's been cast in 'boiled sweet'!

40mm Knights; 54mm Knights; 60mm Knights; 60mm Swoppet Knights; Charbens Knights; Cherilea 40mm Knights; Cherilea 60mm Knights; Cherilea 60mm Swoppets; Crescent 54mm Knights; Crescent for Kellogg's; Hilco Knights; Hong Kong Knights; Kellogg's Premiums; Kinder Knights; Lone Star 54mm Knights; Marx Knights; Medieval Figures; Medieval Knights; Medieval Toy Figures; Prindus Knights; Prison Industries Knights; Small Scale World; smallscaleworld.blogspot.com; Swoppet Knights; Tudor Rose Knights;
The other usable figures, it was the yellow 40mm from Cherilea I was after (previously seen here), but I have a base for the brown Kinder somewhere, who may turn-out to be a different colour to the one I've got?

The headless 1st version Cherilea will go in their spares tub and the Charbens (top left) is a hard plastic one, they used to be a bit of a mystery to me, they did, now (post PW's 'special' publication on the subject) I assume Prison Industries - Prindus?

Nothing else leaps-out, but they are all complete, which is more than can be said for the third 'third' . . .

40mm Knights; 54mm Knights; 60mm Knights; 60mm Swoppet Knights; Charbens Knights; Cherilea 40mm Knights; Cherilea 60mm Knights; Cherilea 60mm Swoppets; Crescent 54mm Knights; Crescent for Kellogg's; Hilco Knights; Hong Kong Knights; Kellogg's Premiums; Kinder Knights; Lone Star 54mm Knights; Marx Knights; Medieval Figures; Medieval Knights; Medieval Toy Figures; Prindus Knights; Prison Industries Knights; Small Scale World; smallscaleworld.blogspot.com; Swoppet Knights; Tudor Rose Knights;
. . . who have already gone to 'Recyce' for onward conversion to Solent P! This stuff isn't rare, so there's just no point keeping it in this state, unless you happen to be a converter who wants to work with such an awkward material - and that's not a dig, I have much admiration for those who produce workable figures from polyethylene!

4 comments:

peterE said...

I'll take the broken Lone Star king off you if it's still knocking around

Hugh Walter said...

I'll have to dig in the wheelie bin Peter but he's still there, and if you want him he's yours; definitely! Do you want the others?

H

Funny, I found your message going to eMail you just now!

EY said...

Nice haul. A couple of them look like they were the inspiration for the Giant HO figures.

Hugh Walter said...

Yes EY; the two creamy-white ones - Crescent or Crescent-for-Kellogg's, they (Giant) also used some of the Britains Swoppet poses, not seen above (harder to pick-up cheap they are!).

H