About Me

My photo
No Fixed Abode, Home Counties, United Kingdom
I’m a 60-year-old Aspergic gardening CAD-Monkey. Sardonic, cynical and with the political leanings of a social reformer, I’m also a toy and model figure collector, particularly interested in the history of plastics and plastic toys. Other interests are history, current affairs, modern art, and architecture, gardening and natural history. I love plain chocolate, fireworks and trees, but I don’t hug them, I do hug kittens. I hate ignorance, when it can be avoided, so I hate the 'educational' establishment and pity the millions they’ve failed with teaching-to-test and rote 'learning' and I hate the short-sighted stupidity of the entire ruling/industrial elite, with their planet destroying fascism and added “buy-one-get-one-free”. Likewise, I also have no time for fools and little time for the false crap we're all supposed to pretend we haven't noticed, or the games we're supposed to play. I will 'bite the hand that feeds', to remind it why it feeds.

Wednesday, July 29, 2020

H is for How They Come In III (another old one)

This was another lot from Michael Melnyk, and had an added bonus which I'll highlight in an other wise text-light post, which like the last one will be 'captions' rather than full-on verbiage! The first 13 images are what Michael eMailed to me, to agree what would have been a very reasonable price, the rest are my sorting it into temporary 'to be sorted' or TBS bags.

Although I think I'd already Blogged the big-purchase sample, this had lots of useful spares, so was an immediate 'interester'.

Britains Swoppets - can't knock 'em!

Ditto - lots of damage, but useful spares

The broken Eyes-Right are still my only samples
along with a part guardsman, I think?

Horses!

Now, this was all Michael sent on the khaki infantry types, photo'wise

Now blogged; the Trojans, AWI gun-crew and the Herald knights!

I think I've Blogged the Herald Wild West as well?

Not sure where the 7th Cavalry are, but I know I still don't have a full set
- neither Herald HK or Deetail

More of the same

More!

Bits & pieces

This is all of them together

But after I'd paid, he sent this lot! There was a whole bunch of earlier khaki infantry, including 'enemy', and the three rows top right which were also in the post a couple of days ago, with loads of early 1950/60's kit figures, some more bits, shells, space etc!

There's a bag of Timpo 1st version swoppet GI bits as well and other stuff

And, as if all that wasn't enough, there was all this Britains Farm, mostly later stuff, with some vinyl, but mostly shop-clean, and while he had mentioned it, he hadn't sent images, and I'd imagined the usual pile of play-worn Hong Kong/Singapore/China stuff!

I'm not sure where the assault boat is now, sorted to 'can't find'!

Wild West, space and horses, the guardsman was the first of the HK copies in the brighter red, 
I've more now I think.

Damaged stuff and Herald Hong Kong khaki infantry types

The real surprise, was the earlier khaki infantry, which included the brown-based 'enemy' versions. The number of years these ran for means there's always a few variants in a lot like this you haven't got, so although the enemy had been done on the khaki infantry page via the book archive images, I do now have a good sample myself, both from the big-purchase (green bases) and this lot (brown).

The Trojans were the later ones, but with earlier ones in the big purchase and HK ones from (the legendary) Barry Blood's sell-offs, and elsewhere; we've had a good post on them now.

Medievals and odds. 

Again, while I obviously thanked him at the time and have name-checked occasionally I don't always remember who has sent or donated what, and could have credited Michael more often, such as on the earlier Trojan post, so many thanks here, for all he did back at the start of the blog.

And again apologies for the state of the later images which are a bit dark.

No comments: