About Me

My photo
No Fixed Abode, Home Counties, United Kingdom
I’m a 60-year-old Aspergic gardening CAD-Monkey. Sardonic, cynical and with the political leanings of a social reformer, I’m also a toy and model figure collector, particularly interested in the history of plastics and plastic toys. Other interests are history, current affairs, modern art, and architecture, gardening and natural history. I love plain chocolate, fireworks and trees, but I don’t hug them, I do hug kittens. I hate ignorance, when it can be avoided, so I hate the 'educational' establishment and pity the millions they’ve failed with teaching-to-test and rote 'learning' and I hate the short-sighted stupidity of the entire ruling/industrial elite, with their planet destroying fascism and added “buy-one-get-one-free”. Likewise, I also have no time for fools and little time for the false crap we're all supposed to pretend we haven't noticed, or the games we're supposed to play. I will 'bite the hand that feeds', to remind it why it feeds.

Wednesday, May 31, 2017

A is for Apropos . . .

. . . a couple of 'follow ups' that I flagged I'd post last week - and yesterday!

Apropos the Dulcop 50-mils I got off Andreas at Plastic Warrior two weeks ago; . . .

Here are a few different-sized versions of what are ultimately all Marx piracies, although some sources think Elio Simonetti (not Emlio! Suckers . . . not shadowing me much!) may have sculpted for Marx, so they'd all be his work, as Musgrave, Erikson or Stadden also repeated favourite poses.

There's little between the three ranges - a couple of pose changes or plastic colour variations, the Dulcop set is the more original with new poses, and the lasso pose has a holster on the right hip and a left arm bent the other way.

The Italians on their own.

Apropos yesterday's post on the mini, white-metal, circus stuff I got at Sandown Park this weekend just gone; here's a line-up of the elephants currently known in the same sculpt!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm not sure if that 1/72 is Dulcop. I have all 12 Dulcop figures (6 cowboys and 6 Indians) in 1/72 - and detail is stunning. No flash, perfect casts. One you have on photo is looking as pirate copy.

Hugh Walter said...

I think he's just been chewed on one end of his base Anon; he was given to me by a Italian collector who knows his stuff, and as far as I know, there are no copies of these? The Spanish Sobre brand 'Proes' does similar figures but they are rougher, he has the fine etching of a commercial 'home brand'!

https://smallscaleworld.blogspot.com/2015/07/p-is-for-proes-promociones-especiales.html

H