About Me

My photo
No Fixed Abode, Home Counties, United Kingdom
I’m a 60-year-old Aspergic gardening CAD-Monkey. Sardonic, cynical and with the political leanings of a social reformer, I’m also a toy and model figure collector, particularly interested in the history of plastics and plastic toys. Other interests are history, current affairs, modern art, and architecture, gardening and natural history. I love plain chocolate, fireworks and trees, but I don’t hug them, I do hug kittens. I hate ignorance, when it can be avoided, so I hate the 'educational' establishment and pity the millions they’ve failed with teaching-to-test and rote 'learning' and I hate the short-sighted stupidity of the entire ruling/industrial elite, with their planet destroying fascism and added “buy-one-get-one-free”. Likewise, I also have no time for fools and little time for the false crap we're all supposed to pretend we haven't noticed, or the games we're supposed to play. I will 'bite the hand that feeds', to remind it why it feeds.

Friday, December 22, 2017

T is for Two - Teixido . . . I Think!

Another quick one; I did say I'd lost my mojo to a certain extent, and it's Christmas, things are very much in bimble-mode!

Despite what He-who-makes-it-up-as-he-goes-along, again, has said in the past; I don't often post on Spanish stuff and when I do it's usually either common stuff I know about (sobres or Comansi) or stuff I've been sent, so this post is a bit of a departure as I'm happy to admit I'm 100% sure I'm not sure who made either of them!

But I'm pretty sure by way of supposition (the level of presumption below assumption) that they are Teixido, and a quick perusal of that there Intermerthingey (the Wibbly Wobbly Way) reveals that there's not much known about the company by anyone, even the Spanish Blogs, so obviously they were a minor company to whom stuff is still being attributed?

Anyway we'll have a look at two 'possibles' and anyone who knows more or better is free to add their bit! They were both shot at that show-and-tell I posted stuff from a few years ago (2012).

This is lovely; An Amerindian (Peruvian?) clearly; and in the same PVC rubber as the chap Brian Carrick ID'd - also awhile ago - with similar painting but a better size (closer to 54mm), maroon-red Jaguar-pelt notwithstanding; I'd love to see the rest of the set.

More seasonal this one; he seems to be a shepherd-boy, but whether from a farm-toy range, medieval line or a set of nativity 'Belenes' I can't say - as I don’t know!

Again he's toward the 50-mil bracket, again PVC, but the paint's glossier and peeling (not proper PVC paint). The wire could have been added by a later owner, but I suspect it's original, a lot of Early Spanish stuff has wire added, usually as flag or standard staffs, but weapons, and - as we saw with Jecsan the other day - angel's 'sky-hooks' can be wire too!

That's it, I'm afraid - quick and easy!

28th Dec. - Message over Christmas from Paul Morehead at Plastic's Central; "They are both Pech Hermanos. An Aztec and a pirate with a flag on a wire" - Cheers Paul!

No comments: