About Me

My photo
No Fixed Abode, Home Counties, United Kingdom
I’m a 60-year-old Aspergic gardening CAD-Monkey. Sardonic, cynical and with the political leanings of a social reformer, I’m also a toy and model figure collector, particularly interested in the history of plastics and plastic toys. Other interests are history, current affairs, modern art, and architecture, gardening and natural history. I love plain chocolate, fireworks and trees, but I don’t hug them, I do hug kittens. I hate ignorance, when it can be avoided, so I hate the 'educational' establishment and pity the millions they’ve failed with teaching-to-test and rote 'learning' and I hate the short-sighted stupidity of the entire ruling/industrial elite, with their planet destroying fascism and added “buy-one-get-one-free”. Likewise, I also have no time for fools and little time for the false crap we're all supposed to pretend we haven't noticed, or the games we're supposed to play. I will 'bite the hand that feeds', to remind it why it feeds.

Monday, March 26, 2018

F is for First Bee . . . Not!

Actually it's the second, I saw my first flying bee about three weeks ago, even as the weather was closing in for the 'Beast from the East' (and the bloody 'i' ran with 'Snowmageddon', as I had predicted someone would in a post earlier that week - Grace Dent; shame on you!), it was a little black one with an 'international orange' bum, and it shot into a land-drainage pipe, set in a retaining wall outside an office building, so fast I didn't have a chance to photograph it.

This was the first of several today (Saturday 24th March), but it had been shut in the little greenhouse unnoticed, yesterday and was looking a bit weak, so I placed it on the daff' for a feed in the hope it would regain its strength and fly home.

They don't always go down the trumpet, I photographed this one in 2009, and you can see it's made one hole already in the back of the Daffodil, and is busy making another, I believe it had also felled the flower by cutting though the stalk first, in order to have a more stable 'breakfast bowl'? They suck the nectar straight from the reservoir - The vandals!

No comments: