About Me

My photo
No Fixed Abode, Home Counties, United Kingdom
I’m a 60-year-old Aspergic gardening CAD-Monkey. Sardonic, cynical and with the political leanings of a social reformer, I’m also a toy and model figure collector, particularly interested in the history of plastics and plastic toys. Other interests are history, current affairs, modern art, and architecture, gardening and natural history. I love plain chocolate, fireworks and trees, but I don’t hug them, I do hug kittens. I hate ignorance, when it can be avoided, so I hate the 'educational' establishment and pity the millions they’ve failed with teaching-to-test and rote 'learning' and I hate the short-sighted stupidity of the entire ruling/industrial elite, with their planet destroying fascism and added “buy-one-get-one-free”. Likewise, I also have no time for fools and little time for the false crap we're all supposed to pretend we haven't noticed, or the games we're supposed to play. I will 'bite the hand that feeds', to remind it why it feeds.

Wednesday, October 10, 2018

U is for Unknown Wild West Flats - 3 - Known 'Hong Kong' of Origin

On to those unknown Wild West flats about which one fact IS known; that they are from Hong Kong! And we have seen most of them here already I suspect, but I'm literally 'box ticking' a whole box with these four posts!

Flats, Cowboys and Indians, Flat Cowboys and Indians, Flat Figures, Flats; Indian Flats, Hong Kong  Flats, Hong Kong Toy Figurines, Polystyrene Figures, Polystyrene Toys, Small Scale World, smallscaleworld.blogspot.com, Unknown Flats, Unknown Plastic Figures, Unknown Toy Figures, Unknown Wild West, Wild West, Wild West Flats, No. 101 Plastic Toy,
Flat, 35mm'ish copies of the Crescent/Kellogg's 54mm solid Indians! Obviously copied by hand rather than pantograph, and copied poorly, with bits missing (the tail of the archer's headdress!) or badly moulded.

Flats, Cowboys and Indians, Flat Cowboys and Indians, Flat Figures, Flats; Indian Flats, Hong Kong  Flats, Hong Kong Toy Figurines, Polystyrene Figures, Polystyrene Toys, Small Scale World, smallscaleworld.blogspot.com, Unknown Flats, Unknown Plastic Figures, Unknown Toy Figures, Unknown Wild West, Wild West, Wild West Flats, No. 101 Plastic Toy,
I have a single yellow one, so there must be more, and likewise the slosh of gloss-blue on the other addition to the line-up could be home paint, but I suspect a minimally-painted version was put out there at some point.

Those of you of an observant persuasion will have noticed that the two eagle-bird men are very different sculpts, one having a feathery hood, the other 'fish-scales'. I have a dozen or so of the red ones and there is quite a bit of variance, but the 'Hong Kong' mark is the same on all of them, so it's hand-copied straight to multiple cavities I think!

Flats, Cowboys and Indians, Flat Cowboys and Indians, Flat Figures, Flats; Indian Flats, Hong Kong  Flats, Hong Kong Toy Figurines, Polystyrene Figures, Polystyrene Toys, Small Scale World, smallscaleworld.blogspot.com, Unknown Flats, Unknown Plastic Figures, Unknown Toy Figures, Unknown Wild West, Wild West, Wild West Flats, No. 101 Plastic Toy,
We have definitely seen these on the Blog but I had a couple of loose ones in storage and couldn't remember whether or not I mentioned last time that they are scale-downs of the old Gibb's 'Toob' flats from the USA, I don't have any copies of the Gibb's US Cavalry poses, but it has to be wondered if they too were pirated, at the same time? Still missing the wagon!

Flats, Cowboys and Indians, Flat Cowboys and Indians, Flat Figures, Flats; Indian Flats, Hong Kong  Flats, Hong Kong Toy Figurines, Polystyrene Figures, Polystyrene Toys, Small Scale World, smallscaleworld.blogspot.com, Unknown Flats, Unknown Plastic Figures, Unknown Toy Figures, Unknown Wild West, Wild West, Wild West Flats, No. 101 Plastic Toy,
These are semi-flat and probably accompany some of the smaller mounted figures you find from Hong Kong, I only have the one pose and the two figures - about 45mm. Along with the first lot they are a soft polyethylene ('polythene').

No comments: