About Me

My photo
No Fixed Abode, Home Counties, United Kingdom
I’m a 60-year-old Aspergic gardening CAD-Monkey. Sardonic, cynical and with the political leanings of a social reformer, I’m also a toy and model figure collector, particularly interested in the history of plastics and plastic toys. Other interests are history, current affairs, modern art, and architecture, gardening and natural history. I love plain chocolate, fireworks and trees, but I don’t hug them, I do hug kittens. I hate ignorance, when it can be avoided, so I hate the 'educational' establishment and pity the millions they’ve failed with teaching-to-test and rote 'learning' and I hate the short-sighted stupidity of the entire ruling/industrial elite, with their planet destroying fascism and added “buy-one-get-one-free”. Likewise, I also have no time for fools and little time for the false crap we're all supposed to pretend we haven't noticed, or the games we're supposed to play. I will 'bite the hand that feeds', to remind it why it feeds.

Tuesday, January 29, 2019

News, Views Etc . . .

S is for seems I'm a lazy git! I started various things over the weekend, and carried on with some others, but didn't finish enough to post anything today, although I've posted something nice for tomorrow.

Missed - Show
Toy Fair!
Toy and Train Show - Westchester County Center, White Plains - January 27, 2019

The theatre - lovies!
In the meantime, if you are lucky enough to live in sunny Cali-forn-I-A and fancy a drive to La Mesa, there's a classic playing at the Lamplighters Community Theatre with Toy Soldiers as part of the central theme; “And Then There Were None” by Agatha Christie, 'till February 10th.

ACW
Interesting story and toy soldiers get a mention!

Return of the Soldier
A bit late - seasonally - but a good news story nonetheless!

---------------------------------
 
The Gods giveth and the Gods taketh away!

The above was written yesterday, prior to my posting todays little NZ surprise . . . which - of course - isn't here; because my laptop died on me! Seems to be a charging port come loose, but it means the battery is totally dead until I get it fixed which won't be for a week or so, so I'll be having  a little holiday!

I'll try to do the show dates on Friday, but it'll be a sketched skeleton of a listing, because with no laptop I can't edit at home and slot in pictures or upload anything useful to a dongle . . . hey-ho, the luck couldn't last indefinitely!

No comments: