About Me

My photo
No Fixed Abode, Home Counties, United Kingdom
I’m a 60-year-old Aspergic gardening CAD-Monkey. Sardonic, cynical and with the political leanings of a social reformer, I’m also a toy and model figure collector, particularly interested in the history of plastics and plastic toys. Other interests are history, current affairs, modern art, and architecture, gardening and natural history. I love plain chocolate, fireworks and trees, but I don’t hug them, I do hug kittens. I hate ignorance, when it can be avoided, so I hate the 'educational' establishment and pity the millions they’ve failed with teaching-to-test and rote 'learning' and I hate the short-sighted stupidity of the entire ruling/industrial elite, with their planet destroying fascism and added “buy-one-get-one-free”. Likewise, I also have no time for fools and little time for the false crap we're all supposed to pretend we haven't noticed, or the games we're supposed to play. I will 'bite the hand that feeds', to remind it why it feeds.

Monday, October 21, 2024

F is for Foxhounds

Having had Giles Brown of Dorset mentioned the other day (the 'Good Solders' question-marks were almost certainly Dorset), I am more confident that these are indeed Giles' work, having been designed to augment the hunting sets of various hollow-cast and 'new metal' makers over the years.

"The Honourable member should realise what Dirty Dogs do to Palings"
(Churchill, replying to Sir Wilfred Paling's accusation that he was a Dirty Dog!)

The Sandown pack!

A wonderful scratching pose, sitting and slumped

The leg-up from another angle, three poses of 'actually working', and a darker brown colour variation!

These are modern whitemetal solids, painted in a glossy 'toy soldier' style and would look lovely in a display cabinet, mixed in with the old 54mm/1:32nd scale, hollow-castings. Foxhounds look like Beagles, but have slightly longer noses, are five to ten or more inches higher, considerably heavier and more energetic!

And as an indication of how appalling the Picasa situation is, I must thank Adrian Little for letting me shoot these . . . five years ago, this November, pitiful, on my part! There's tons of this stuff in the long-queue/archive.

No comments: