About Me

My photo
No Fixed Abode, Home Counties, United Kingdom
I’m a 60-year-old Aspergic gardening CAD-Monkey. Sardonic, cynical and with the political leanings of a social reformer, I’m also a toy and model figure collector, particularly interested in the history of plastics and plastic toys. Other interests are history, current affairs, modern art, and architecture, gardening and natural history. I love plain chocolate, fireworks and trees, but I don’t hug them, I do hug kittens. I hate ignorance, when it can be avoided, so I hate the 'educational' establishment and pity the millions they’ve failed with teaching-to-test and rote 'learning' and I hate the short-sighted stupidity of the entire ruling/industrial elite, with their planet destroying fascism and added “buy-one-get-one-free”. Likewise, I also have no time for fools and little time for the false crap we're all supposed to pretend we haven't noticed, or the games we're supposed to play. I will 'bite the hand that feeds', to remind it why it feeds.

Sunday, October 6, 2024

A is for Another Donation!

Another mixed lot of all-sorts on the back of Adrian Little pushing a slightly overflowing, ex-somethinglikebutnotbutter tub over the pub table the other day, as these were the eclectic but nevertheless useful contents . . . 

The die-cast traffic lights are interesting, I wonder if they may be US products, but they also have something in common with the items in the Tuf Tots set from Lone Star, which we looked at here;
 

Except that they already had a finer-stemmed, one-way set in the N-Gauge Treble-O model railway line? 
 
The windmill might be De Gruyter, I have half a memory of one similar in Jan Boers' original article in Plastic Warrior magazine? The plane is Hong Kong, the boat could be British or European and is typical 1950/60's fare, there's a tub-full somewhere!

Two TN Thomas PVC dogs in the foreground, and six (of twelve?) Hong Kong dogs behind, there's more on the Hong Kong dogs in the forthcoming queue, but these arrived after the shots for the other had been collated!
 
I think we've seen the chimp here a few times now; a contemporary tub/toob toy, but the pair of crocodile/alligator types are totally new to me, and coming on the back of the three-example, probably Blue Box family, we saw a while back, have further extended the smaller-scale corner of that sub-collection!
 
Standard, late generation piracy of the Britains goat from Hong Kong is grist to the mill, while I love the little - probably Christmas cracker - cat, and the other four are Bullyland small-scale which were a revelation to me, and they're not bad sculpts, around 1:64th I think . . . same size as the larger Matchbox livestock.
 
An odd mix of oddments, of which the unpainted 30mm Comansi/Novalinea Indian is interesting, the little pink roadworker (?) more so, he could be connected to those Hong Kong copies of Merit's plastic versions of Wardie Mastermodel die-cast sculpts? The yellow blob may be a Gogo Crazy Bone, or a knock-off?
 
A pair of Marty Toys fantasy figures, two rack-toy Matchbox American machine-gunner rip-off's, an Italeri 1:35th scale kit figure, a version of an Esci red-beret and a Blue Box Japanese shooter, in a similar size.
 
Finally, an actual Merit matelot, and three HK clones of the Airfix US Paratroops from WWII, which may be the Artform Industrial Co., ones, or a new 5th (6th?) version? We've looked at them here,
 

but I know more have come in and will all need adding at some point! Thanks to Adrian for another bunch of useful gap-fillers and new question-marks - that diminutive pink chap, and the two croc's!

No comments: