About Me

My photo
No Fixed Abode, Home Counties, United Kingdom
I’m a 60-year-old Aspergic gardening CAD-Monkey. Sardonic, cynical and with the political leanings of a social reformer, I’m also a toy and model figure collector, particularly interested in the history of plastics and plastic toys. Other interests are history, current affairs, modern art, and architecture, gardening and natural history. I love plain chocolate, fireworks and trees, but I don’t hug them, I do hug kittens. I hate ignorance, when it can be avoided, so I hate the 'educational' establishment and pity the millions they’ve failed with teaching-to-test and rote 'learning' and I hate the short-sighted stupidity of the entire ruling/industrial elite, with their planet destroying fascism and added “buy-one-get-one-free”. Likewise, I also have no time for fools and little time for the false crap we're all supposed to pretend we haven't noticed, or the games we're supposed to play. I will 'bite the hand that feeds', to remind it why it feeds.

Monday, February 11, 2013

T is for Dobbin-burgers

Sorry but I couldn't resist it!

To any Tesco's supermarket executives who may be directed here;

It's HUMOUR! It was bound to happen and it might make you check the sourcing of your 'product' a little more efficaciously!

Another one....

This is going to run and run unless it ends-up in a pre-cooked stew! These came out of a conversation we were having at lunch today (yesterday!), other gems included changing the small-print on the nutrition panels to read;
  • May contain traces of more than one species
  • Meat product of the European motorway network
  • ...Aspartame, Monosodium Glutamate (MSG), Binding Agent (crin de cheval)....
and products such as...
  • Red Rumble - A 'mixed' meat pizza
  • Lassy-sagne - an honest lasagne 

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

HI Maverick - Do you know the best cheeses to go in the Lassy-agne - How about Mask-a-pony oe even a tub of Filly-delphia!

Hugh Walter said...

Hahaha, Mask a Pony, that's bloody funny!! Thanks!

Hugh

Unknown said...

Kind of reminds me of the Python skit where the ingredients on the box really were what was in the chocolates.

Anonymous said...

I like the 'Aldi' logo!

Hugh Walter said...

Anne - Absolutely! and if it ever happened some products would make for frighting reading!!

Anon - I don't know what you mean!!!

Hugh

Giano said...

That's fun!
And makes me think how lucky I am to eat so often original homemade lasagne, stuffed with real beef (or even better, pork).

As un-ethical and un-tasty horse meat may be, I fear we've been served far worse stuff in our food :(

Unknown said...

The Hubby and I were talking about this last night and we're pretty sure we've eaten cat at a couple of Chinese places. He tries not to go "meow" whenever we walk into the place.

Hugh Walter said...

Giano - 'aint that the truth, I don't know how the media on the continent is taking this, but over here ours are about to have kittens (which will then probably enter the food-chain!), but it comes as no surprise to me, and I'm one of the low-income idiots eating the stuff!

Any sane person reading the contents label of any processed food, whether pre-prepared meal or ingredient would take to stalking the woods for every meal - sadly, as a species we're not that sane!

Anne - I knew one like that in Woking many years ago...closed on a regular basis when furry tails turned-up in the bins, only for it to reopen a few weeks later having been 'sold' to one of the uncles/brothers etc..Plus le change!

Giano said...

Media here on the continent are too concerned about the Pope and the political elections to worry about alimentary scandals - which anyway are quite common in Italy. After all, horse meat is considered a delicacy in some parts of Italy.
And not only the chinese use to cook kittens - has anybody heard about "coniglio alla vicentina" ?

Hugh Walter said...

Giano - I like cats, so don't think I want to know about coniglio alla vicentina...and I'm definitely NOT Googling it!

H

Giano said...

You got the point, and I agree. In fact I'm happy the only meat I can stand is pork, which possibly is the most difficult to counterfeit.