About Me

My photo
No Fixed Abode, Home Counties, United Kingdom
I’m a 60-year-old Aspergic gardening CAD-Monkey. Sardonic, cynical and with the political leanings of a social reformer, I’m also a toy and model figure collector, particularly interested in the history of plastics and plastic toys. Other interests are history, current affairs, modern art, and architecture, gardening and natural history. I love plain chocolate, fireworks and trees, but I don’t hug them, I do hug kittens. I hate ignorance, when it can be avoided, so I hate the 'educational' establishment and pity the millions they’ve failed with teaching-to-test and rote 'learning' and I hate the short-sighted stupidity of the entire ruling/industrial elite, with their planet destroying fascism and added “buy-one-get-one-free”. Likewise, I also have no time for fools and little time for the false crap we're all supposed to pretend we haven't noticed, or the games we're supposed to play. I will 'bite the hand that feeds', to remind it why it feeds.

Wednesday, April 3, 2013

P is for Pink Buds of Spring

Well, we nearly had a nice day yesterday, which would have made three [days] in five weeks! But it just couldn't find it in itself to be that little bit warmer.

The blossom is struggling, the wild cherries have been flowering for a few weeks now and some have almost finished, but with few bees or other pollinators flying, there won't be much fruit again this year, the Mirabelle next door lost all it's blossom after a couple of the colder nights...

Frodo has decided that Spring is still 'months' away and has returned to the fireside, where he is clearly in seventh-heaven, only opening an eye occasionally to say, more logs - NOW please!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

It's frustrating isn't it this Spring. My crocuses bloomed, then we had freezing rain and they died. Eventually it has to warm up.

Frodo has the right idea!

Hugh Walter said...

Oh God! It's spent most of this afternoon snowing - that awful slightly icy stuff like polystyrene balls that we use to think the Inuit had a hundred names for but which it turns out they call 'snow' - like everyone else!

Still - I remember snow in May, in Berlin around '86/87, so we've a ways to go yet...

more logs!

Hugh

M-7 said...

just received 6 more inches of snow/ice here more on the way...
-btw you have a wonderful cat!

Hugh Walter said...

Oh Thanks! We'll get the tail-end of that next week probably!

Cat's not mine he's Mum's, I just provide a five-fingered surrogate sibling to get ripped to shreds once a fortnight!

Hugh