About Me

My photo
No Fixed Abode, Home Counties, United Kingdom
I’m a 60-year-old Aspergic gardening CAD-Monkey. Sardonic, cynical and with the political leanings of a social reformer, I’m also a toy and model figure collector, particularly interested in the history of plastics and plastic toys. Other interests are history, current affairs, modern art, and architecture, gardening and natural history. I love plain chocolate, fireworks and trees, but I don’t hug them, I do hug kittens. I hate ignorance, when it can be avoided, so I hate the 'educational' establishment and pity the millions they’ve failed with teaching-to-test and rote 'learning' and I hate the short-sighted stupidity of the entire ruling/industrial elite, with their planet destroying fascism and added “buy-one-get-one-free”. Likewise, I also have no time for fools and little time for the false crap we're all supposed to pretend we haven't noticed, or the games we're supposed to play. I will 'bite the hand that feeds', to remind it why it feeds.

Thursday, February 21, 2019

Z is for Zis, Zil, Maz, Gaz, Kraz or something else with a Z for Zavod in it!

It may even be a Robur . . . Robar, Rober? I can't remember; it's 30 years since I did my Soviet studies course!

This is a rush post as I took these shots in 2015 when the truck joined the fleet, but the rest of the fleet is in the storage pile at the moment, and when I get them out I'll do them all properly, however, as we seem to be having a Soviet era toy day, today, I might as well clear it from Picasa!

Air-Portable SPG; Army Lorry; Army Truck; Army Vehicle; Ballistic Missile; Battlefield Missile; Die Cast Soviet Toy; Die Cast Toy; Die Cast Toy Lorry; Die Cast Toy Truck; Die Cast Toys; Die-cast Lorry; Diecast Russian Toy; F.R.O.G.; Free Rocket Over Ground; FROG; Gaz Truck; Light Utility Truck; Maz Truck; Mazac Toy; Missile Troops; Robur Truck; Rocket Launcher; Russian AFV's; Self-Propelled Artillery; Self-Propelled Gun; Small Scale World; smallscaleworld.blogspot.com; Soviet Russian; Tactical Missile; USSR Diecast Toy; USSR Metal Lorry Toy; Zamac Toy; Zamak Toy; Zil Truck; Zis Lorry; ZSU;
Probably in the same medium-utility/light-artillery-tractor class as a 1-ton F/C Land Rover, Pinzgauer or the old Dodge 'Beeps' and I'm pretty sure the Robur was an East German or Hungarian copy? I think it's a Gaz, but my recognition manuals went to Winchester and have yet to come back! When I do them properly I'll Google all the relevant stuff!

Approximately 1:43/1:48th and as well made as anything in the 'West', better than some, but lacking the finer details of top-end 1980's Dinky or Corgi the wheels always remind me of those German or Scandinavian rubber vehicles - something else in the queue . . . with contributions!

Air-Portable SPG; Army Lorry; Army Truck; Army Vehicle; Ballistic Missile; Battlefield Missile; Die Cast Soviet Toy; Die Cast Toy; Die Cast Toy Lorry; Die Cast Toy Truck; Die Cast Toys; Die-cast Lorry; Diecast Russian Toy; F.R.O.G.; Free Rocket Over Ground; FROG; Gaz Truck; Light Utility Truck; Maz Truck; Mazac Toy; Missile Troops; Robur Truck; Rocket Launcher; Russian AFV's; Self-Propelled Artillery; Self-Propelled Gun; Small Scale World; smallscaleworld.blogspot.com; Soviet Russian; Tactical Missile; USSR Diecast Toy; USSR Metal Lorry Toy; Zamac Toy; Zamak Toy; Zil Truck; Zis Lorry; ZSU;
We may have had this shot before?

I know the truck is item 17 from the big boxed set that also has the ZSU air-portable SPG we saw here about ten-years ago (item 20, above again), FROG (18, also above) and the Tank Transporter (8) for which I've found the single-vehicle box. I can vaguely remember jack-knifing the cab into a smaller space when packing them up! The whole was too heavy to keep in the box, as it would just drive out of one end as soon as you picked the box up.

There are 19 vehicles in the set (and some heavy die-cast figures) and they were all available separately, I have five or six so far and we may have looked at the 6x6 truck (and copy) already, back in the day, if not - they will come with the others.

No comments: