About Me

My photo
No Fixed Abode, Home Counties, United Kingdom
I’m a 60-year-old Aspergic gardening CAD-Monkey. Sardonic, cynical and with the political leanings of a social reformer, I’m also a toy and model figure collector, particularly interested in the history of plastics and plastic toys. Other interests are history, current affairs, modern art, and architecture, gardening and natural history. I love plain chocolate, fireworks and trees, but I don’t hug them, I do hug kittens. I hate ignorance, when it can be avoided, so I hate the 'educational' establishment and pity the millions they’ve failed with teaching-to-test and rote 'learning' and I hate the short-sighted stupidity of the entire ruling/industrial elite, with their planet destroying fascism and added “buy-one-get-one-free”. Likewise, I also have no time for fools and little time for the false crap we're all supposed to pretend we haven't noticed, or the games we're supposed to play. I will 'bite the hand that feeds', to remind it why it feeds.

Thursday, February 14, 2019

R is for Return-to - Chinasaur Dinorasers

I know I've said it before but it is interesting how quickly things catch-up and indeed; pile up, even after you think you've covered 'for a while' what you think of as an ephemeral side-bar to the main business, it happens here with motorcycles and paratroopers, bendies and dinosaurs . . . insects, fish and these chaps - 'Dinorasers'!

Diener Dinosaurs; Diener Industries; Dinosaur Earsers; Dinosaur Models; Dinosaur Novelties; Novelties; Novelty Erasers; Novelty Figurines; Novelty Toy; Pencil Erasers; Pencil Rubbers; Rubber Dinosaurs; Rubber Erasers; Rubbers; Small Scale World; smallscaleworld.blogspot.com;
We have looked at this in passing once I think, we'd already had them in a small container from The Works, when I saw them carded for the same pound, but with two duplicate poses for a six-count in Poundland back in the autumn . . . I got one!

Diener Dinosaurs; Diener Industries; Dinosaur Earsers; Dinosaur Models; Dinosaur Novelties; Novelties; Novelty Erasers; Novelty Figurines; Novelty Toy; Pencil Erasers; Pencil Rubbers; Rubber Dinosaurs; Rubber Erasers; Rubbers; Small Scale World; smallscaleworld.blogspot.com;
These two are unmarked, but look to have a degree of vintage about them, found in the bottom of Peter Evan's January donations-to-the-blog bag; they are a good colour for dinosaurs, but possibly not for selling to little-ones as pencil rubbers? They are an older, solid/heavy 'rubbery' rubber too!

Diener Dinosaurs; Diener Industries; Dinosaur Earsers; Dinosaur Models; Dinosaur Novelties; Novelties; Novelty Erasers; Novelty Figurines; Novelty Toy; Pencil Erasers; Pencil Rubbers; Rubber Dinosaurs; Rubber Erasers; Rubbers; Small Scale World; smallscaleworld.blogspot.com;
I liked them so much I shot them twice but didn't find this earlier shot until after I'd done the previous one! It's a better shot too, gets the texture of the animals very well. Cheers Peter!

This [the above] post was going to be it . . . a third - short - post of the day, and a bit thin on blurb; but there's not much to add to eraser dinosaurs when you're visiting them for the umpteenth time, then, this afternoon (Tuesday) I dug some more out of the garage . . .

Diener Dinosaurs; Diener Industries; Dinosaur Earsers; Dinosaur Models; Dinosaur Novelties; Novelties; Novelty Erasers; Novelty Figurines; Novelty Toy; Pencil Erasers; Pencil Rubbers; Rubber Dinosaurs; Rubber Erasers; Rubbers; Small Scale World; smallscaleworld.blogspot.com;
. . . where they've been sitting, hiding, since their release from storage. I didn't actually have many dino's of any kind in storage, mostly mini-types, but I'd got these while searching for Diener'saurs! Geddit? Diener Industries . . . ohh, never mind!

The 'T-Rex' (which from my limited knowledge of skulls is more like an Allosaur) has lost his tail's tip and need to be replaced one day. They are marked CHINA in largish letter stamps, they weren't Diener (but are similar-to and based-on) and stayed as some of my larger dino's for some time, not in the Dinoraser zone, there wasn't one . . . but there is now!

Diener Dinosaurs; Diener Industries; Dinosaur Earsers; Dinosaur Models; Dinosaur Novelties; Novelties; Novelty Erasers; Novelty Figurines; Novelty Toy; Pencil Erasers; Pencil Rubbers; Rubber Dinosaurs; Rubber Erasers; Rubbers; Small Scale World; smallscaleworld.blogspot.com;
Colour study of the sauropods; are they dip'ies or bront'ies?

The reason I've grown this collection so fast (other than the likes of Brian Berke sending us mini-micro ones!) is that there is a very real charm to them, which hits the nostalgia button in several ways, and in less than three years we've gone from these - hiding in storage - to a whole box of multicoloured, multi-specie prehistoric animals, in mostly bright, primary or 'neon' colours, reminding us of the sort of stuff we used to get in our stockings on Christmas morning, or as a treat on the way home from the dentist, or sellotape'd to our favourite comic!

Diener Dinosaurs; Diener Industries; Dinosaur Earsers; Dinosaur Models; Dinosaur Novelties; Novelties; Novelty Erasers; Novelty Figurines; Novelty Toy; Pencil Erasers; Pencil Rubbers; Rubber Dinosaurs; Rubber Erasers; Rubbers; Small Scale World; smallscaleworld.blogspot.com;
I wasn't only seekeing Diener'saurs, I was (still am) also looking for the dino's given away by a petrol company (Esso I think) in the 1970's which weren’t really erasers, being made of a silicon-rubber, but they were simplified sculpts and slightly cartoonish, so look a lot like these Dinorasers, in the course of which I picked up this chap (left, blue) who is a copy of the previous set, or for another contract (but his trunk's much heavier-moulded).
 
The yellow spiny 'kerthunkersaur' came in recently (Jim or Chris Smith - thanks to both!), and may or may not have been seen here, or was waiting for a follow-up but got missed when I wrote the short version above!

Luckily I found him while marrying all the others up in the new box and he has the same block 'CHINA' mark. This new pose suggests a set of ten in either set? So I'm still looking . . .

No comments: