About Me

My photo
No Fixed Abode, Home Counties, United Kingdom
I’m a 60-year-old Aspergic gardening CAD-Monkey. Sardonic, cynical and with the political leanings of a social reformer, I’m also a toy and model figure collector, particularly interested in the history of plastics and plastic toys. Other interests are history, current affairs, modern art, and architecture, gardening and natural history. I love plain chocolate, fireworks and trees, but I don’t hug them, I do hug kittens. I hate ignorance, when it can be avoided, so I hate the 'educational' establishment and pity the millions they’ve failed with teaching-to-test and rote 'learning' and I hate the short-sighted stupidity of the entire ruling/industrial elite, with their planet destroying fascism and added “buy-one-get-one-free”. Likewise, I also have no time for fools and little time for the false crap we're all supposed to pretend we haven't noticed, or the games we're supposed to play. I will 'bite the hand that feeds', to remind it why it feeds.

Thursday, August 13, 2020

News, Views Etc . . . Meah!

I seem to have spent this fortnight's Internet funds on groceries . . . and some Marx Warriors of the World off of that evilBay! So I thought I was disappearing yesterday, but actually I've still got an hour's credit . . . hay-ho, back next Wednesday, probably; it might work out OK, as RTM was looking a bit of a wash-out this year anyway, but the weather's due to break and I should spend the absence getting a few articles in the bag.

In the meantime, if you're anywhere near Denver, Colorado;
  • Two years after losing their home due to raising rent prices, the Denver Museum of Miniatures, Dolls and Toys is finally re-opening at their new location in Lakewood on Thursday, Aug. 13. The museum, which was founded in 1981, has a collection of over 20,000 objects that they utilize to stage four major exhibits each year. The exhibits range from vintage Star Wars toys to artisan dollhouses and from antique dolls to well-loved toy soldiers. Objects collected from generations of Coloradans serve as a stepping stone into both art and history. Due to COVID-19, online advance purchase of tickets is required, and the number of people in the gallery at any one time will be restricted. Face masks are also required.
Or looking for more modern toys;

Outtahere!

6 comments:

jah said...

I guess buying fresh salmon for your hard working helper puts a dent in your disposable funds

Hugh Walter said...

She wishes Jah!

Actually she slashed be to bits earlier tonight, giving her a tablet and she got a hand free and let rip . . . literally, but she's actually very good and forgives the forced-feed quite quickly! Meanwhile I run the affected area under a tap and get the plasters out, it's not her fault!

H

jah said...

Sorry could not help myself. She slashed the hand that feeds her. Where did she get that idea from?????

Hugh Walter said...

Hummmm . . . . some cynical, stubborn, git happy to keep fighting an unwinnable fight with some of Pensylvannia's finest idiots?

I have no idea Jah!

But she's stopped coughing so it was worth the pain!

H

jah said...

Well be careful you have a bad ally after bankrupting and wrecking so many companies he moved on to wreck a country but failed after 3 years and 7 months. still he now wants TWO more terms. BUT at least 3 great leaders are worst than the Brit buffoon.

Hugh Walter said...

Hahahaha! I was on about the fight with TJF and the Penn' State Toy Soldier Mafia, but I know where you're coming from!

H