About Me

My photo
No Fixed Abode, Home Counties, United Kingdom
I’m a 60-year-old Aspergic gardening CAD-Monkey. Sardonic, cynical and with the political leanings of a social reformer, I’m also a toy and model figure collector, particularly interested in the history of plastics and plastic toys. Other interests are history, current affairs, modern art, and architecture, gardening and natural history. I love plain chocolate, fireworks and trees, but I don’t hug them, I do hug kittens. I hate ignorance, when it can be avoided, so I hate the 'educational' establishment and pity the millions they’ve failed with teaching-to-test and rote 'learning' and I hate the short-sighted stupidity of the entire ruling/industrial elite, with their planet destroying fascism and added “buy-one-get-one-free”. Likewise, I also have no time for fools and little time for the false crap we're all supposed to pretend we haven't noticed, or the games we're supposed to play. I will 'bite the hand that feeds', to remind it why it feeds.

Friday, August 21, 2020

F is for Follow-up - More Russkie Raspberry Reds

Although actually, these are a tad more mauvey-purple than the two lots I was thinking of. I know; a day of action figures wasn't on you menu when you got up this morning, so here are some proper toy soldiers courtesy of Chris Smith!

Bulgarian Toy Soldiers; Demi-ronde; Flat Figures; Plastic Flats; Poland; Polish Production; Progress Flats; Russian Rack Toys; Russian Toy Soldiers; Russian/Soviet; Small Scale World; smallscaleworld.blogspot.com; Soviet Collective Era; Soviet Era' Flats Semi-flats; WWII Russian Infantry;
I felt there should be more poses, but by co-incidence both the sets I found the other day were the same four that I already had, so began to think that was it. Chris thinks these 10 may be a complete set of poses.

Bulgarian Toy Soldiers; Demi-ronde; Flat Figures; Plastic Flats; Poland; Polish Production; Progress Flats; Russian Rack Toys; Russian Toy Soldiers; Russian/Soviet; Small Scale World; smallscaleworld.blogspot.com; Soviet Collective Era; Soviet Era' Flats Semi-flats; WWII Russian Infantry;
I really like the pose with the 'potato-masher'; stick-grenades come as drums, separate from their sticks, and are unioned immediately prior to action, or the patrol or whatever. At some point, mid-war, both the Germans and the Russians started strapping a daisy-wheel of extra canisters to the central one to produce more bang-for-the-buck! It was also used by brave fools to tray and disable tracked AFV's, which meant getting too close to many-tons of un-cooperative metal!

Bulgarian Toy Soldiers; Demi-ronde; Flat Figures; Plastic Flats; Poland; Polish Production; Progress Flats; Russian Rack Toys; Russian Toy Soldiers; Russian/Soviet; Small Scale World; smallscaleworld.blogspot.com; Soviet Collective Era; Soviet Era' Flats Semi-flats; WWII Russian Infantry;
Several of the poses have been used twice on both upright and kneeling figures, and I'll have to track the rest down at some point, but for now - thanks to Chris for rushing these over to Small Scale World's command center (read; cluttered desktop!).

No comments: