About Me

My photo
No Fixed Abode, Home Counties, United Kingdom
I’m a 60-year-old Aspergic gardening CAD-Monkey. Sardonic, cynical and with the political leanings of a social reformer, I’m also a toy and model figure collector, particularly interested in the history of plastics and plastic toys. Other interests are history, current affairs, modern art, and architecture, gardening and natural history. I love plain chocolate, fireworks and trees, but I don’t hug them, I do hug kittens. I hate ignorance, when it can be avoided, so I hate the 'educational' establishment and pity the millions they’ve failed with teaching-to-test and rote 'learning' and I hate the short-sighted stupidity of the entire ruling/industrial elite, with their planet destroying fascism and added “buy-one-get-one-free”. Likewise, I also have no time for fools and little time for the false crap we're all supposed to pretend we haven't noticed, or the games we're supposed to play. I will 'bite the hand that feeds', to remind it why it feeds.

Monday, March 8, 2021

Public Service Announcement - on behalf of the Do we Really Need a 'Royalty' Party


What colour will their blood turn-out to be?
Blue as a monkey's arse - apparently.

Andrew hiding from paedo-investigations (in Woking's Pizza Express! They won't be putting that on their flyers!), the Duke dying at 99 but no one actually admitting it, Anne on girlfr . . . err . . . husband number four? Or is she single these days? Charles, well, there's that whole Diana thing before Camilla, no, after Camilla, no, before . . . oops! Edward, a right Royal stand-up, on husban . . .  err. . . wife number 1, the horrible anus thing, isn't it time we were shot of the whole freeloading, dysfunctional lot of 'em?

And the whorey old excuse that a President would be worse (the 'horrific' example used to be Berlusconi, became Farage (rhymes with c**t) and is now Trump!)* belies the fact that we don't need two heads of state, we have a Prime Minister who does all the leading-function stuff and biggly-wiggly meetings, just keep him representing us as he represents us, we ARE after-all a representative democracy, or we're supposed to be!

*Giuliani would be a better stand-in for Berlusconi! I wonder if they go to the same guy to get their hair done?

4 comments:

Jan Ferris said...

Bugger that. I don’t follow the tabloids. What is all fuss? It isn't worth the heighten vitals.

EY said...

Can't say that I have too much of an opinion of the royals one way or the other, but I imagine they must be good for tourism and TV ratings if common sentiment here in the US means anything.
I won't talk about the (in)ability to run a country though, because we've got nothing to brag about ourselves.

Terranova47 said...

The Royal Family are worth their weight in gold regarding the income they produce the country. This is confirmed by my over 40 years living in the US and hearing how Americans view the UK.

Given the political mess your elected governments have made of the UK you might have been better off having The Queen replace any elected Prime Minister and treating her subjects to the public executions of her lying ministers.

Hugh Walter said...

Guys - I used to be a Royalist, I was pround to serve 'Her Majesty', but time and history move on, yes they bring in 4 quid for every quid we spend on them or something, but it's only in the tens of millions or something, and it's only direct, not the fortune spent on the state property, ceremonial troops etc . . . so it's not the bargain it's talked-up to be, but . . . it's now (to me) about what they actually represent - the arse end of colonialism, slavery, the aristocracy . . . a rotten honors system and a right-wing backlash which has the media in it's pocket . . . I just think we need to end it, not some revolution or declaration of republicanism or anything, just let her die of a broken heart after the Duke goes and draw a line under the - relatively - symbolic position. It would necessitate changes to both houses, much overdue, modernising changes if anything, get rid of all the stockings and rods, wool sacks and medieval ceremony and get slimmed down, business-like government which would be a darn-sign cheaper.

Jan - it was the Harry-Meghan/Oprah thing which kicked me off!

EY - it's getting as bad here, but with the media on-board we're not even having the heated debate you've had this last four years and we're just as riven, but with the veneer of 'stiff-upper-lip!

Brian - the Queen hasn't got long, and I don't see a good successor, I had hope for William, but the feeling is - he's behind the racist comments to Meghan?