About Me

My photo
No Fixed Abode, Home Counties, United Kingdom
I’m a 60-year-old Aspergic gardening CAD-Monkey. Sardonic, cynical and with the political leanings of a social reformer, I’m also a toy and model figure collector, particularly interested in the history of plastics and plastic toys. Other interests are history, current affairs, modern art, and architecture, gardening and natural history. I love plain chocolate, fireworks and trees, but I don’t hug them, I do hug kittens. I hate ignorance, when it can be avoided, so I hate the 'educational' establishment and pity the millions they’ve failed with teaching-to-test and rote 'learning' and I hate the short-sighted stupidity of the entire ruling/industrial elite, with their planet destroying fascism and added “buy-one-get-one-free”. Likewise, I also have no time for fools and little time for the false crap we're all supposed to pretend we haven't noticed, or the games we're supposed to play. I will 'bite the hand that feeds', to remind it why it feeds.

Wednesday, March 10, 2021

U is for Ultrapenciltop!

We looked at these years ago when I did a pencil-top round-up, but one or two more have come in including a rather fetching white one (from Chris Smith or Peter Evans), so I thought I'd do a new shot for the family photo-album and share it with you.

Giant Robots; Gundam Wing; Japanese TV Characters; Japanses Novelties; Manzinger Z; Mecha; Novelty; Novelty Figurines; Novelty Toy; Pencil Toppers; Pencil Tops; PVC Figurines; Robot Set; Robots; Super Robot Wars; TV Related; TV Tie Ins; TV Toys; Ultrabot; Ultraman;
I muttered something about super-boy last time I think, but the top figure is supposed to be Ultraman or some similar 1970's Japanese TV character, the robots don't seem to fit Ultraman's 'Mechas' though so may be from other series'; Manzinger or Gundams or something. Four poses found and five clear colours with a lilac variant of the purple and redder-oranges, or an orangier red!

Giant Robots; Gundam Wing; Japanese TV Characters; Japanses Novelties; Manzinger Z; Mecha; Novelty; Novelty Figurines; Novelty Toy; Pencil Toppers; Pencil Tops; PVC Figurines; Robot Set; Robots; Super Robot Wars; TV Related; TV Tie Ins; TV Toys; Ultrabot; Ultraman;
The new addition, definitely the smartest, he's a minter! I'll thank both the above named as things have been pretty chaotic around here and they've both sent stuff since I called a halt to blogging, while a lot's been combined/sorted and I've shot loads of stuff, but lost track of some origins! 

2 comments:

Geoffrey Peeters said...

Hey Hugh, let me give you the names of at least some of these.
Top row is Japanese character Masked Kamen Rider.
Second row left is Grendizer (also known as Grandizer / Goldorak (FR) or Goldrake (IT)).
Second row right is Mekanda (/Mekander) Robot.
The one on the bottom I don't know.

Hugh Walter said...

Mr Peeters Sir! You are a star!

One of the pages I intend to do, next year when I have more time, is a sort of ID list or disambiguation on all these Japanese mega-bots and the characters associated with them; I just spent hours looking for three giant monsters I have on Godzilla sites, only to be told they were all from Ultraman!!!!

I am a rank-amateur! Although, they are from different series? Which I suspected, so some of it's rubbing-off on me!

H