About Me

My photo
No Fixed Abode, Home Counties, United Kingdom
I’m a 60-year-old Aspergic gardening CAD-Monkey. Sardonic, cynical and with the political leanings of a social reformer, I’m also a toy and model figure collector, particularly interested in the history of plastics and plastic toys. Other interests are history, current affairs, modern art, and architecture, gardening and natural history. I love plain chocolate, fireworks and trees, but I don’t hug them, I do hug kittens. I hate ignorance, when it can be avoided, so I hate the 'educational' establishment and pity the millions they’ve failed with teaching-to-test and rote 'learning' and I hate the short-sighted stupidity of the entire ruling/industrial elite, with their planet destroying fascism and added “buy-one-get-one-free”. Likewise, I also have no time for fools and little time for the false crap we're all supposed to pretend we haven't noticed, or the games we're supposed to play. I will 'bite the hand that feeds', to remind it why it feeds.

Tuesday, June 1, 2021

T is for Typical!

You wait ages for an LB post and then two come along together! Further to the other day's finds; I saw some knock-off 'sucker-jigglers' going cheap and they arrived this morning, while I also scanned the Culpitt's catalogue entry for 1985.

Astronauts; Cake Decorations; Carded Astronauts; Carded Robots; Chromium-plated Figures; Culpitt Astronauts; Culpitt BV 5336; Culpitt Spacemen; Culpitt V5217; Culpitt's Cake Decorations; HF; Hong Kong; Jiggling Robots; Large Silver Spacemen; Lik Be; Lik Be LB; Lik Be LP; Moon Platoon; Robot Jigglers; Robots; Rubber Jigglers; Small Assorted Space Figures; Small Scale World; smallscaleworld.blogspot.com; Spacemen; Sucker Toys;
These are similar to those sold as 'Moon Platoon' by Imperial, see image below, and are the more colourful version of the plain Hong Kong-marked ones (no logo) which I've been after for a while, so well pleased to grab them.

Astronauts; Cake Decorations; Carded Astronauts; Carded Robots; Chromium-plated Figures; Culpitt Astronauts; Culpitt BV 5336; Culpitt Spacemen; Culpitt V5217; Culpitt's Cake Decorations; HF; Hong Kong; Jiggling Robots; Large Silver Spacemen; Lik Be; Lik Be LB; Lik Be LP; Moon Platoon; Robot Jigglers; Robots; Rubber Jigglers; Small Assorted Space Figures; Small Scale World; smallscaleworld.blogspot.com; Spacemen; Sucker Toys;
Taken from an Internet auction the above example has some of the more muted ones I already had, and is all robots, while the five additions are brightly-bright and has two astronauts.

Astronauts; Cake Decorations; Carded Astronauts; Carded Robots; Chromium-plated Figures; Culpitt Astronauts; Culpitt BV 5336; Culpitt Spacemen; Culpitt V5217; Culpitt's Cake Decorations; HF; Hong Kong; Jiggling Robots; Large Silver Spacemen; Lik Be; Lik Be LB; Lik Be LP; Moon Platoon; Robot Jigglers; Robots; Rubber Jigglers; Small Assorted Space Figures; Small Scale World; smallscaleworld.blogspot.com; Spacemen; Sucker Toys;
I also scanned the Culpitt catalogue from 1985, the 60mm's are as I found them in North Camp's balloon/party shop (can't remember the name, but it's long-defunct anyway) back in . . . err . . . sometime between Autumn 1997 and about 2001/2? The white 'NASA' figures which should be contemporary aren't listed, but may have joined the catalogue later or been phased out already, only the robots are shown in the smaller size, only the spacemen in the larger, they all hung around for ages in bakers and cook-shop's anyway!

Listings
BV 5336 - Large Silver Spacemen
V5217 - Small Assorted Space Figures

2 comments:

Jan Ferris said...

"Moon Platoon' by Imperial" Get out, these blokes are hard to come by.

They remind me of the village people.

Are they scented? I couldn't imagine myself having to smell them all day long.

Hugh Walter said...

No scent Jan, vague stink of silicon-rubber if you stick them under your nose!

H